Do I need to own Dance central 1 for the import

#1kdiddy4evaPosted 10/22/2011 10:38:58 AM
I plan on getting a kinect next week just for this. Do I need a copy of the old game to import the songs over. I mean if I have to I will buy it but it would be a huge bummer.
#2LenderPosted 10/22/2011 12:03:13 PM(edited)
You can still buy the DLC from DC1 on Xbox Live and import those songs over. If you want the featured songs from DC1 you'll likely need to buy the game for it to appear on DC2.
---
Can you say "the sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick?"
#3EnVoYCoOkiEPosted 10/22/2011 2:13:12 PM
I find it strange as I have a copy of DC1, manual and all but the problem is on the back of my manual I don't even have a redeem code I only have a Rock Band 3 ad -.-. But I contacted Microsoft to see if I could get this problem fixed.
#4EnVoYCoOkiEPosted 10/22/2011 2:16:19 PM
Opps also forgot to mention yes you do need DC1 to import as there is a redeem code on the back of the manual like most Harmonix games i.e Rock Band. For DLC its already all avaliable on DC2 store, all the DC1 dlc.
#5mcmax3000Posted 10/23/2011 8:18:31 AM
EnVoYCoOkiE posted...
I find it strange as I have a copy of DC1, manual and all but the problem is on the back of my manual I don't even have a redeem code I only have a Rock Band 3 ad -.-. But I contacted Microsoft to see if I could get this problem fixed.

The code is at the top of the back page, above the RB3 ad.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Mcmax3000
#6DeskLaserPosted 10/24/2011 7:33:00 AM
It actually may not be on the manual itself. Mine is on a separate rectangular piece of cardboard in the case, that had a huge Dance Central logo and BIG font saying to keep this code to keep on dancing.
#7MamaMiiaPosted 10/24/2011 8:33:45 AM

DeskLaser2 posted...
It actually may not be on the manual itself. Mine is on a separate rectangular piece of cardboard in the case, that had a huge Dance Central logo and BIG font saying to keep this code to keep on dancing.

Mine too.

#8IAMCARLPosted 10/25/2011 12:20:12 PM
Mine came on a separate card. I've already redeemed mine, but it's a code in-game, not a Marketplace code, so I think it may be able to be used multiple times, but I could be wrong.

Someone give it a shot: DCY4-YMYP-MDXN-GWVT

Redeem it in the Dance Central 2 menu, not through the marketplace.