any tips on how to dunk?

#1angelucci75Posted 10/13/2011 9:44:23 PM
Please?
#2mojojinPosted 10/14/2011 2:56:11 AM
Serious? Well, provided the guy you're controlling has the ability to dunk, its been the same for years, turbo + shoot.
---
"Blah blah yap yap yap blah." - Blah Blah
#3angelucci75(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2011 9:03:55 AM
Dude, I'm not asking for the buttons command, c'mon... I know that. I'm asking about this:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/30737932/yeah_right.REP

This replay shows Michael Jordan on a breakaway, a 1 on 1 against Mugsy Bogues, and Jordan just refuses to go for the dunk. He goes to the layup instead.

I mean, did 2k Sports have the awareness that dunking in traffic EXISTS in real world basketball? Then why did they removed it completely from the game? That's what I was asking... any tips on how to dunk whenever the hell I want? And please, don't come with slider suggestions, I did them all already...
#4Jacen22Posted 10/14/2011 2:11:21 PM

My Player dunks on dudes all tha time and he is a 6'6 SG that weighs 190 (if that matters). Everytime I crossover my opponent and attack the hoop I time it right I guess and I usually slam on the center sending him sprawling to the floor and I casually step over him.

I average atleast 2-3 of that in a game, the dunk is still there you just need to either get your skill points in dunk up or just get your skills up period. ;)

#5angelucci75(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2011 5:19:40 PM
Yeah, but not on My Player mode... I was talking about your average game. I don't care about the physics... I don't care if there's no dunking all the time on a real game. This ain't a real game, this is a video game... 2-3 dunks a game?!?! In 2k11 it was more like 20-30. Yeah, I wanna dunk 30 times a game, so what? There should be a slider for it. I messed with all the dunk sliders in the game, and there's no difference. It's not a feature, it's a bug. Micheal Jordan on a 1 on 1 against Bogues would dunk on his ass 99.9% of the time, sorry...
#6Jacen22Posted 10/14/2011 5:48:17 PM

angelucci75 posted...
Yeah, but not on My Player mode... I was talking about your average game. I don't care about the physics... I don't care if there's no dunking all the time on a real game. This ain't a real game, this is a video game... 2-3 dunks a game?!?! In 2k11 it was more like 20-30. Yeah, I wanna dunk 30 times a game, so what? There should be a slider for it. I messed with all the dunk sliders in the game, and there's no difference. It's not a feature, it's a bug. Micheal Jordan on a 1 on 1 against Bogues would dunk on his ass 99.9% of the time, sorry...

This game is a basketball *simulation*, meaning people dont dunk 20-30 times in a real game you can probably pull it off but its tougher than 2k11 becuase 2k12 is made even more realistic. I think that you can go to rosters and edit a players skill points for everyone *i think*. Just do that with the team you like and it shouldnt be a problem.

I still havent played an average game in 2k12, so I cant say how the dunks would be. Choose the Clippers and play with Blake Griffin if skill sliders dont work.

#7angelucci75(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2011 6:11:36 PM
Did you read my post about Michael Jordan on Mugsy Bogues? MJ has a dunk rating of 99...

If this: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/30737932/yeah_right.REP

is your idea of simulation, then I can't say no more...
#8chestersmurfPosted 10/14/2011 7:57:16 PM

Basically it has to do with the angle that you are running to the hoop at, the timing of the button press, and the distance from the hoop that you press the button. I have been playing with Rudy Gay and dunking all over people, they made it much easier this year to dunk on people but it might take you a little practice.

#9shade3134Posted 10/22/2011 9:08:26 PM

chestersmurf posted...

Basically it has to do with the angle that you are running to the hoop at, the timing of the button press, and the distance from the hoop that you press the button. I have been playing with Rudy Gay and dunking all over people, they made it much easier this year to dunk on people but it might take you a little practice.

How do you get that step past them? My Player is 6'3, with about 89 dunk and he rarely gets dunks off. If height matters, is there a way I can mod something to adjust him 2 inches or something? lol

But yeah, I just need to know how to get that 'step' around the opponent that'll let me catapult. How do you do it?

#10EINZhengchangPosted 11/1/2011 6:14:03 AM
yeah i find it very hard to do a dunking this year