Rosiel posted...
Matt_Chatham posted...
_Bleaux posted...
yanya posted...
They did...
... for shame Konami. Shame.
SHAME.

Uh... This isn't a big deal.

They took the Grey Children out of Silent Hill 1.

I have Greatest Hits version and PSN version and they both have grey children.

Or are you in Europe?

I think he means the gray ones from the original E3 trailer, not the final versions where they were more black.

Ah, yes, that's a different monster, the black baby ghosts. - seen at 1:32. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwan7k3nOzg

That was never in the final version though, this Pyramid Head scene has stood unaltered for eleven years, why change it now? Also, it's one of the most iconic moments in horror game history. It just burns my nut.

With how PC everyone has to be lately so they don't get sued, I'm willing to bet they removed it because there are some people out there who really get offended by rape in any way shape or form.
---
"You know, I know that there's something I've forgotten. A time, a place, a shattered memory..."
#12matt091282Posted 3/21/2012 5:18:19 PM

_Bleaux posted...
Matt_Chatham posted...
Rosiel posted...
Matt_Chatham posted...
_Bleaux posted...
yanya posted...
They did...
... for shame Konami. Shame.
SHAME.

Uh... This isn't a big deal.

They took the Grey Children out of Silent Hill 1.

I have Greatest Hits version and PSN version and they both have grey children.

Or are you in Europe?

I think he means the gray ones from the original E3 trailer, not the final versions where they were more black.

Ah, yes, that's a different monster, the black baby ghosts. - seen at 1:32. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwan7k3nOzg

That was never in the final version though, this Pyramid Head scene has stood unaltered for eleven years, why change it now? Also, it's one of the most iconic moments in horror game history. It just burns my nut.

With how PC everyone has to be lately so they don't get sued, I'm willing to bet they removed it because there are some people out there who really get offended by rape in any way shape or form.
---
"You know, I know that there's something I've forgotten. A time, a place, a shattered memory..."

Jinx! :P

#13_BleauxPosted 3/21/2012 5:19:15 PM
matt091282 posted...

_Bleaux posted...

Matt_Chatham posted...Rosiel posted...Matt_Chatham posted..._Bleaux posted...yanya posted...They did...... for shame Konami. Shame.SHAME.Uh... This isn't a big deal.They took the Grey Children out of Silent Hill 1.I have Greatest Hits version and PSN version and they both have grey children.Or are you in Europe?I think he means the gray ones from the original E3 trailer, not the final versions where they were more black.Ah, yes, that's a different monster, the black baby ghosts. - seen at 1:32. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwan7k3nOzgThat was never in the final version though, this Pyramid Head scene has stood unaltered for eleven years, why change it now? Also, it's one of the most iconic moments in horror game history. It just burns my nut.With how PC everyone has to be lately so they don't get sued, I'm willing to bet they removed it because there are some people out there who really get offended by rape in any way shape or form.---"You know, I know that there's something I've forgotten. A time, a place, a shattered memory..."

Man I answered so many of your questions earlier if anyone deserves a soda it's me :P
---
#14matt091282Posted 3/21/2012 5:21:29 PM

_Bleaux posted...
matt091282 posted...

_Bleaux posted...

Matt_Chatham posted...Rosiel posted...Matt_Chatham posted..._Bleaux posted...yanya posted...They did...... for shame Konami. Shame.SHAME.Uh... This isn't a big deal.They took the Grey Children out of Silent Hill 1.I have Greatest Hits version and PSN version and they both have grey children.Or are you in Europe?I think he means the gray ones from the original E3 trailer, not the final versions where they were more black.Ah, yes, that's a different monster, the black baby ghosts. - seen at 1:32. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwan7k3nOzgThat was never in the final version though, this Pyramid Head scene has stood unaltered for eleven years, why change it now? Also, it's one of the most iconic moments in horror game history. It just burns my nut.With how PC everyone has to be lately so they don't get sued, I'm willing to bet they removed it because there are some people out there who really get offended by rape in any way shape or form.---"You know, I know that there's something I've forgotten. A time, a place, a shattered memory..."

Man I answered so many of your questions earlier if anyone deserves a soda it's me :P
---

Fair enough! haha But I do think that's the reason for the edited rape scene. There's really no other reason they would do it. If there wasn't that concern of PC'ness, that's not a scene you would tamper with. Like someone said, it's a ****c scene in the SH Gaming Lore, and just horror games in general.

#15_BleauxPosted 3/21/2012 5:23:47 PM
matt091282 posted...

_Bleaux posted...

matt091282 posted..._Bleaux posted...Matt_Chatham posted...Rosiel posted...Matt_Chatham posted..._Bleaux posted...yanya posted...They did...... for shame Konami. Shame.SHAME.Uh... This isn't a big deal.They took the Grey Children out of Silent Hill 1.I have Greatest Hits version and PSN version and they both have grey children.Or are you in Europe?I think he means the gray ones from the original E3 trailer, not the final versions where they were more black.Ah, yes, that's a different monster, the black baby ghosts. - seen at 1:32. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwan7k3nOzgThat was never in the final version though, this Pyramid Head scene has stood unaltered for eleven years, why change it now? Also, it's one of the most iconic moments in horror game history. It just burns my nut.With how PC everyone has to be lately so they don't get sued, I'm willing to bet they removed it because there are some people out there who really get offended by rape in any way shape or form.---"You know, I know that there's something I've forgotten. A time, a place, a shattered memory..." Jinx! :PMan I answered so many of your questions earlier if anyone deserves a soda it's me :P---"You know, I know that there's something I've forgotten. A time, a place, a shattered memory..."

Fair enough! haha But I do think that's the reason for the edited rape scene. There's really no other reason they would do it. If there wasn't that concern of PC'ness, that's not a scene you would tamper with. Like someone said, it's a ****c scene in the SH Gaming Lore, and just horror games in general.

Yeah and I forgot about the Gray Ones in SH1.

But in Europe all the Grey Children are replaced by the roaches or Mumblers because it was 'politically incorrect to shoot children' even if they are demons. Because you know, people can't tell the difference.
---
#16Dr_KainPosted 3/21/2012 5:25:58 PM
_Bleaux posted...
But in Europe all the Grey Children are replaced by the roaches or Mumblers because it was 'politically incorrect to shoot children' even if they are demons. Because you know, people can't tell the difference.

I did not know this. That sucks. Why does Europe keep getting their games edited? Remind me that if I ever move to Europe to just import all of my video games from the US.
---
I would love to see the world the way you do, but I cannot get my head that far up my ass.
#17matt091282Posted 3/21/2012 5:26:23 PM

_Bleaux posted...
matt091282 posted...

_Bleaux posted...

matt091282 posted..._Bleaux posted...Matt_Chatham posted...Rosiel posted...Matt_Chatham posted..._Bleaux posted...yanya posted...They did...... for shame Konami. Shame.SHAME.Uh... This isn't a big deal.They took the Grey Children out of Silent Hill 1.I have Greatest Hits version and PSN version and they both have grey children.Or are you in Europe?I think he means the gray ones from the original E3 trailer, not the final versions where they were more black.Ah, yes, that's a different monster, the black baby ghosts. - seen at 1:32. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwan7k3nOzgThat was never in the final version though, this Pyramid Head scene has stood unaltered for eleven years, why change it now? Also, it's one of the most iconic moments in horror game history. It just burns my nut.With how PC everyone has to be lately so they don't get sued, I'm willing to bet they removed it because there are some people out there who really get offended by rape in any way shape or form.---"You know, I know that there's something I've forgotten. A time, a place, a shattered memory..." Jinx! :PMan I answered so many of your questions earlier if anyone deserves a soda it's me :P---"You know, I know that there's something I've forgotten. A time, a place, a shattered memory..."

Yeah and I forgot about the Gray Ones in SH1.

---

I haven't played SH1 since 2000. lol Are the Grey Children the enemies in the school?

#18matt091282Posted 3/21/2012 5:26:56 PM

Rosiel posted...
_Bleaux posted...

I did not know this. That sucks. Why does Europe keep getting their games edited? Remind me that if I ever move to Europe to just import all of my video games from the US.
---
I would love to see the world the way you do, but I cannot get my head that far up my ass.

Just don't move to Europe. lol

#19zex_armyPosted 3/21/2012 5:27:24 PM
Honestly, if they edited that, they will have to edit Angela's little boss too..
#20_BleauxPosted 3/21/2012 5:29:34 PM
Rosiel posted...
_Bleaux posted...

I dunno really. Just be glad you don't live in Australia, they nearly banned Homecoming because of the torture scene in it. And yes, that would be best XD

@Matt

Yes, they are the children with the little knives.

But to my point, due to the growing need for things to be politically correct in this ridiculous world we live in Silent Hill often has had parts of it censored for being "too inappropriate".
---