Is this really as bad...?

#1DragonCoxPosted 4/7/2012 12:24:14 PM(edited)
Is this game really as bad as I'm reading or is it just elitists just being elitists?

I'm a big fan of Silent Hill since playing 3. Which was my favorite until Downpour. I never played Silent hill 2 and only played 1 as a demo. However played and beat all since 3.

I haven't played Silent Hill 3 since its release. So I was excited and bought the HD Collection. But haveN't played them since I'm still working on Downpour. So is it really that bad?
---
Cox is just my last name!
PSN: CoxMan Wii FC: 1438-3127-5451-9888
#2AnimeSkyPosted 4/7/2012 12:25:02 PM
Frame rate is not as smooth as it should be.

Lip Syncing is very off in SH3
Voices can't be changed to it's original in SH3

among many other things. Wait for the price to go down.
#3ShadowZero007Posted 4/7/2012 1:36:26 PM
Some framerate issues, some less than pleasant textures are shown, some obvious audio looping.

It's unpleasant yeah, but not game breaking.

I guess it just comes down to how much 40$ means to you.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#4schlaufuchsMIKEPosted 4/7/2012 1:53:12 PM
ShadowZero007 posted...
Some framerate issues, some less than pleasant textures are shown, some obvious audio looping.

Some people's copies got the short end of the stick. Worst case scenario, you'll get characters that will keep pausing while your trying to move them, bad frame rate fluctuations, and constant brief pausing in the game that, when they occur in cut scenes, will cause the audio to get way out of sync.

Best case scenario, you'll have unnecessary aesthetic choices, slightly poor frame rate issues and an otherwise good experience.

I wish I had the money to try for a lucky copy this month...
---
A real gamer will buy any system and enjoy it; a tool will sit on a forum and bash one or the other.
#5ShadowZero007Posted 4/7/2012 1:59:16 PM
schlaufuchsMIKE posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...

Some people's copies got the short end of the stick. Worst case scenario, you'll get characters that will keep pausing while your trying to move them, bad frame rate fluctuations, and constant brief pausing in the game that, when they occur in cut scenes, will cause the audio to get way out of sync.

Best case scenario, you'll have unnecessary aesthetic choices, slightly poor frame rate issues and an otherwise good experience.

If it's within the same week as purchase can't you just exchange it?
---
#6CyborgTwentyPosted 4/7/2012 2:13:10 PM
the 360 version i have now is indeed quite a bit better then the ps3 version i had before. the 360 is still by no means good but at least it sometimes runs for a few minutes without a single framerate issue or hiccup. if i had to rate i would give the original ps2 versions a 9/10, the 360 hd collection a 4/10 and the ps3 hd collection a 2/10.
#7SnoopydancePosted 4/7/2012 2:47:58 PM

...I don't think it's just random discs being defective. It's the game itself or the system it's being played on. Different copies of the game aren't coded differently.
---

#8docman864Posted 4/7/2012 3:41:14 PM
really depends how much you can tolerate frame rate and freezing issues. When the game froze on me, forcing me to force shutdown that's when I decided not to deal with this game. I wouldn't recommend playing it at this state too. Who knows what it can do to your console one day.
#9ShadowZero007Posted 4/7/2012 5:11:50 PM
docman864 posted...
really depends how much you can tolerate frame rate and freezing issues. When the game froze on me, forcing me to force shutdown that's when I decided not to deal with this game. I wouldn't recommend playing it at this state too. Who knows what it can do to your console one day.

If Bethesda games haven't killed them yet (NV included even though that was Obsidian) I think the consoles will be fine.
---
#10docman864Posted 4/7/2012 5:52:22 PM
I don't how you can tolerate this game though. I can deal with a few glitches or bugs, but this game surpasses the line. The same reason why I refuse to buy Bethesda games, especially on the ps3.