your Silent Hill coop "better" game idea

#1StalkerDPosted 3/16/2012 3:13:19 AM
i got another link here

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997931-silent-hill-downpour/62256952

but I prefer if Silent Hill stuck with the original style not the "bird's view cam"

theres a few games that pulls off that bird's veiw horror game
but this one seems silly

like a beat'em/shoot'em up arcade game... not a Silent Hill game.

is Konami trying to copy Capcom? making they're game seems off topic now?
(The Resident Evil Series to 5-6) it's called "survive the horror" not "Gears of War".
#2DJ_KrazyPosted 3/16/2012 3:33:33 AM
I don't even understand what you're saying. Focus less on hating games that aren't out yet, and more on improving your grammar, k?

Seriously, am I the only one actually willing to give this game a chance before passing judgement? Why is everyone so immediately angry?
#3KainnK19Posted 3/16/2012 7:17:11 AM
CheesecakeD posted...
i got another link here

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997931-silent-hill-downpour/62256952

but I prefer if Silent Hill stuck with the original style not the "bird's view cam"

theres a few games that pulls off that bird's veiw horror game
but this one seems silly

like a beat'em/shoot'em up arcade game... not a Silent Hill game.

is Konami trying to copy Capcom? making they're game seems off topic now?
(The Resident Evil Series to 5-6) it's called "survive the horror" not "Gears of War".

That's what this game is. Kinda like how Mario Tennis was a REALLY poor platformer.
---
Consider the following before reviewing a game:
http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/8180/131196615985951.png
#4Random222Posted 3/16/2012 1:02:33 PM
KainnK19 posted...
That's what this game is. Kinda like how Mario Tennis was a REALLY poor platformer.

I was in public when I read that and barked out a laugh... pretty loudly. Thanks for both entertaining and humiliating me. ;)
#5StalkerD(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2012 11:27:48 AM
DJ_Krazy posted...
I don't even understand what you're saying. Focus less on hating games that aren't out yet, and more on improving your grammar, k?

Seriously, am I the only one actually willing to give this game a chance before passing judgement? Why is everyone so immediately angry?

well I will give it a chance but it might be like playing Russian roulette with 3 bullets
in the barrel.
#6davidsworld3Posted 3/19/2012 12:04:34 PM

any horror game with co op is not really a horror game.  downpour is disappointing and will enver get this vita for this game havne't even seen anything about it.

#7Random222Posted 3/19/2012 12:39:09 PM
davidsworld3 posted...
any horror game with co op is not really a horror game. downpour is disappointing and will enver get this vita for this game havne't even seen anything about it.

Whaaa?

I think any game that invokes fear, creepiness or unsettling feelings is a horror game.

While I wouldn't consider Doom III "survival horror" it does seem to be "first person shooter horror" and I had blast playing co-op in that. Especially when things were getting really hectic and you needed to work together.

I'm really looking forward to this game a lot but I will admit that the camera and viewpoint are what seem to be ratcheting down the "horror" aspect for me. Not a lot, and I haven't played it yet so I can't say for certain, but it seems like it may feel a little detached.

In my opinion anyway.
#8JdulayPosted 3/20/2012 4:50:28 AM
Have you ever played Obscure?
It not only executed multiplayer and cooperative aspects almost flawlessly, but the horror in the game was true, consistent, and exciting.

I fear this may be the only ever to feature true survival horror and multiplayer co-op.
---
Oh, just what I need: a teenager telling me how I should be driving.