your Silent Hill coop "better" game idea

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill: Book of Memories
  3. your Silent Hill coop "better" game idea
3 years ago#1
i got another link here

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997931-silent-hill-downpour/62256952

but I prefer if Silent Hill stuck with the original style not the "bird's view cam"

theres a few games that pulls off that bird's veiw horror game
but this one seems silly

like a beat'em/shoot'em up arcade game... not a Silent Hill game.

is Konami trying to copy Capcom? making they're game seems off topic now?
(The Resident Evil Series to 5-6) it's called "survive the horror" not "Gears of War".
3 years ago#2
I don't even understand what you're saying. Focus less on hating games that aren't out yet, and more on improving your grammar, k?

Seriously, am I the only one actually willing to give this game a chance before passing judgement? Why is everyone so immediately angry?
3 years ago#3
CheesecakeD posted...
i got another link here

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997931-silent-hill-downpour/62256952

but I prefer if Silent Hill stuck with the original style not the "bird's view cam"

theres a few games that pulls off that bird's veiw horror game
but this one seems silly

like a beat'em/shoot'em up arcade game... not a Silent Hill game.

is Konami trying to copy Capcom? making they're game seems off topic now?
(The Resident Evil Series to 5-6) it's called "survive the horror" not "Gears of War".

That's what this game is. Kinda like how Mario Tennis was a REALLY poor platformer.
---
Consider the following before reviewing a game:
http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/8180/131196615985951.png
3 years ago#4
KainnK19 posted...
That's what this game is. Kinda like how Mario Tennis was a REALLY poor platformer.

I was in public when I read that and barked out a laugh... pretty loudly. Thanks for both entertaining and humiliating me. ;)
3 years ago#5
DJ_Krazy posted...
I don't even understand what you're saying. Focus less on hating games that aren't out yet, and more on improving your grammar, k?

Seriously, am I the only one actually willing to give this game a chance before passing judgement? Why is everyone so immediately angry?

well I will give it a chance but it might be like playing Russian roulette with 3 bullets
in the barrel.
3 years ago#6

any horror game with co op is not really a horror game.  downpour is disappointing and will enver get this vita for this game havne't even seen anything about it.

3 years ago#7
davidsworld3 posted...
any horror game with co op is not really a horror game. downpour is disappointing and will enver get this vita for this game havne't even seen anything about it.

Whaaa?

I think any game that invokes fear, creepiness or unsettling feelings is a horror game.

While I wouldn't consider Doom III "survival horror" it does seem to be "first person shooter horror" and I had blast playing co-op in that. Especially when things were getting really hectic and you needed to work together.

I'm really looking forward to this game a lot but I will admit that the camera and viewpoint are what seem to be ratcheting down the "horror" aspect for me. Not a lot, and I haven't played it yet so I can't say for certain, but it seems like it may feel a little detached.

In my opinion anyway.
3 years ago#8
Have you ever played Obscure?
It not only executed multiplayer and cooperative aspects almost flawlessly, but the horror in the game was true, consistent, and exciting.

I fear this may be the only ever to feature true survival horror and multiplayer co-op.
---
Oh, just what I need: a teenager telling me how I should be driving.
  1. Boards
  2. Silent Hill: Book of Memories
  3. your Silent Hill coop "better" game idea

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Players onlineEarthDevil15/15 11:27AM