Anyone else have faith in this because...

#1Mister_ZurkonPosted 8/4/2012 11:51:05 PM
Silent Hill has fallen so far since the original trilogy that a departure this drastic might be the best thing for it?

Also, Wayforward.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#2kangaroozPosted 8/5/2012 11:37:14 AM
im not against change but this game is change in the wrong direction. It may be fun but then again Resident Evil 4 was fun too but it still should never have existed as a Resident Evil title.
---
R.I.P. True Survival Horror 1996-2005
#3foxgamer92Posted 8/5/2012 3:28:01 PM
I have faith that it will be a great game because I'm not looking at Silent Hill in the title and comparing it to past entries. This is Silent Hill's version of Resident Evil's mercenaries.
---
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic 3D is inevitable for the 3DS. I will be correct.
Hyperdimension Neptunia on PSVita would make it best portable system
#4VincentVanTroIlPosted 8/6/2012 4:38:38 AM
It's just a spinoff. I don't understand the people who take the series so seriously that they develop this idea of "purity" in the franchise and reject everything that takes them out of their comfort zone as tainting said "purity".

Hell, the series has already had a FPS game and nobody ever talks about that let alone view it as much of a big deal. Besides, Wayforward isn't a bad developer.
---
Stealing IP addresses since 2011.
#5ZintheDestroyrPosted 8/8/2012 1:30:45 PM
I'm not even really looking at it as a silent hill game at this point really. The more i see of the game the more i want it because it looks like the kind of games i enjoy. If there's even a hint of the silent hill story i've come to enjoy i'll be happy as all hell.
---
Remember children. You can't spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER
http://i47.tinypic.com/24zavk9.jpg http://i45.tinypic.com/zn333a.jpg
#6SamuraiLloydPosted 8/11/2012 3:09:52 PM
I have faith in this game because, while it doesn't look like much of a traditional survival horror Silent Hill game, it still looks like a REALLY fun action horror game. Silent Hill has never had much of a chance to branch out with Spin-Offs so this might be a good start. I'm looking forward to playing it on my Vita.
---
"I just beat Mag-Freaking-Neto! Where yo curly mustache at?!" - Deadpool
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
#7gemuartoPosted 8/31/2012 4:27:01 PM
I liked Killzone: Liberation on PSP. And i just want something like KZ:L on Vita. It's really strange plot turn, that Silent Hill happened to be something like that.
#8Mister_Zurkon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2012 10:39:19 PM
I'm just going to say it.

Silent Hill hasn't been great since 3.

I could understand if this was announced after 2, but it's been over a decade since then and tons of crappy SH games have been released since.

Anyone complaining about this "Ruining the Franchise" is an idiot.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#9abdouPosted 9/1/2012 4:54:06 PM
It may be fun but then again Resident Evil 4 was fun too but it still should never have existed as a Resident Evil title.

I wish every RE was like RE4, that game is a freaking masterpiece.
---
#10Mister_Zurkon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2012 8:37:58 PM
Boudii posted...
It may be fun but then again Resident Evil 4 was fun too but it still should never have existed as a Resident Evil title.

I wish every RE was like RE4, that game is a freaking masterpiece.

Not to mention the story in RE was always absurd, poorly acted nonsense. Derailing that plot into Plagas Town was probably a good call. Look at how crappy the story was in 5 when it got "Back on Track"
---