cqc in real life

#1basedkingPosted 11/23/2011 10:18:51 PM
Is there really a move where you grab someone by the face and slam them in real life? :p

And why does snake kick there leg everytime he grabs someone is it to throw them off balance don't see what's the point?
---
gta 6 revenge of the cars =P
#2riddlebox89Posted 11/23/2011 10:27:55 PM
he kicks their gun out of their hands, which is why when you grab someone they'll no longer have their assault rifle.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#3EpicKingdom_Posted 11/23/2011 10:32:29 PM
I am pumped for CQC.! Waiting for my bro to come around the corner as I type this..
---
I agree but I don't agree on your multiple troll topics. Therefor I am neutral.
#4OrangeWizardPosted 11/23/2011 10:35:10 PM(edited)

Is there really a move where you grab someone by the face and slam them in real life? :p

It's not like it's physically impossible or something.
I've done it in real life, actually, except I grab the neck, not the face.

And yes, he kicks their leg to throw them off balance and prevent them from getting ON balance.

If he didn't, one could just simply take a step back and then he wouldn't fall over.
Also, with your leg in the air, you can't soften your fall by doing a short step with your heel, like how people instinctively do when they fall.

Yes, I do CQC in real life with my game club. We call it Snake Fighting.

he kicks their gun out of their hands,

Not while both people are standing up.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#5Ace10of27SpadesPosted 11/23/2011 10:44:17 PM
basedking posted...

And why does snake kick there leg everytime he grabs someone is it to throw them off balance don't see what's the point?

Yes, some cqc in the game is based on some judo and jiu-jitsu technique, albeit very basic and cheesy. The kick snake uses is to help take the back, for a clinch from behind. Just about everything snake does in the MGS series is almost guaranteed not to work in real life. One exception is how Big Boss uses a knife. He uses a philipino martial art style with his blade with the basic standard 1-2, 3-4, then stab combo. It's the exact same number system as 'kali'. Snakes judo is pretty lame, but hey, it's just a game. He's so badass that he can even make lame stuff work, right? But yes, there really is a move like that...but it would really most likely = fail in real life. If you want to learn some real 'cqc', take my advice and join a brazilian jiu-jitsu class, or maybe even some traditional japanese jiu-jitsu with fusen ryu. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is very common in real militaries all over the world. The Gracie style of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is generally accepted as the most effective form of jiu-jitsu to date, and is primarily what militaries around the world have adopted. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu was created based on the teachings of a Japanese jiu-jitsu/judo master and was founded on the base and principles of fusen jiu-jitsu. The Gracie family continued the legacy and worked very hard to make further improvements by challenging all types of fighters and martial artists around the world, making adjustments and perfections spanning over 60 years to create what we know as Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu today. Jiu-Jitsu is pretty much all cqc, and incredibly effective.
---
If it's hard, you're doin' it wrong.
#6OrangeWizardPosted 11/23/2011 11:32:43 PM(edited)

Just about everything snake does in the MGS series is almost guaranteed not to work in real life.

If the person is just standing there, letting you do it, it'll work fine.

It'll work fine, even if he isn't. Like I said, me and my friends try to emulate Naked Snake's style, and I've thrown a bunch of people on the ground using his moves.

with the basic standard 1-2, 3-4,

Oh yes, we all know what this means.
/sarcasm
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#7glitch2424Posted 11/24/2011 6:33:23 PM

Ace10of27Spades posted...
basedking posted...

Yes, some cqc in the game is based on some judo and jiu-jitsu technique, albeit very basic and cheesy. The kick snake uses is to help take the back, for a clinch from behind. Just about everything snake does in the MGS series is almost guaranteed not to work in real life. One exception is how Big Boss uses a knife. He uses a philipino martial art ****with his blade with the basic standard 1-2, 3-4, then stab combo. It's the exact same number system as 'kali'. Snakes judo is pretty lame, but hey, it's just a game. He's so badass that he can even make lame stuff work, right? But yes, there really is a move like that...but it would really most likely = fail in real life. If you want to learn some real 'cqc', take my advice and join a brazilian jiu-jitsu **** or maybe even some traditional japanese jiu-jitsu with fusen ryu. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is very common in real militaries all over the world. The Gracie ****of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is generally accepted as the most effective form of jiu-jitsu to date, and is primarily what militaries around the world have adopted. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu was created based on the teachings of a Japanese jiu-jitsu/judo master and was founded on the base and principles of fusen jiu-jitsu. The Gracie family continued the legacy and worked very hard to make further improvements by challenging all types of fighters and martial artists around the world, making adjustments and perfections spanning over 60 years to create what we know as Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu today. Jiu-Jitsu is pretty much all cqc, and incredibly effective.
---
If it's hard, you're doin' it wrong.

I think krav maga would be more related to CQC than bjj is. Bjj is more about grappling, 1v1, no weapons. Krav maga is also 1v1, but involves weapons and disarms

#8MyMentorSnakePosted 11/24/2011 8:33:14 PM
There's acually a military book with some cqc techniques, and they are brutal! The moves NS and TB do in mgs3 are just flashy unrealistic.* I doubt you can run up to a person and take apart their gun before they can pull the trigger* Tho the takedowns and stance are real as they come. I remember once when my cousin wanted to spar with me for fun, I was deep in a cqc stance with my right hand close to my face while the left hand (asking hand) was sticking out a little bit. Since my cousin couldn't find a good opening he made a attempt to slap my hand (the asking hand) I quickly grabbed his hand and slung him off balance and rushed behind him and hooked my right arm around his neck then plant my knee behind his and took him down. Me and him both was shocked.

I'm a taekwondo practitioner now but I like to fuse tkd and cqc takedowns together for fun.
---
Now... we can fight as warriors... hand to hand... it is the basis of all combat. Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon. PSN: MyMentorSnake