Is anybody else having weird problems with the online for PW?

#1time eaterPosted 11/25/2011 3:03:20 AM
when i try hosting a game be it co-op or vs there is this stutter that hits ever other second.

Im not sure what to make of it. i dont think its my internet connection, i dont have the best connection in the world but its not terrible and ive never had a problem like this happen before.
---
There is no such thing as death,life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves...Here's Tom with the weather.
#2pr1nce38Posted 11/26/2011 12:44:38 PM
I have the same issue. Still can't figure out what's causing it
---
XBL GT: Phantom Zehn
#3CalistoCoonPosted 11/26/2011 1:29:35 PM
When you say stutter do you mean that the game feels really choppy? Because I get that randomly.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#4pr1nce38Posted 11/26/2011 5:42:38 PM
For me, its like the game freezes for a split second at constant intervals. The single player works just fine but it starts to happen the minute i get into any multiplayer lobby of any sort. Doesn't matter if I joined or hosted.
---
#5CalistoCoonPosted 11/26/2011 6:01:35 PM
Sounds like lag, that's what was causing my stuttering, the game makes no attempt to mask it's latency so you get that.
---
#6pr1nce38Posted 11/26/2011 7:12:50 PM
At first I thought it may be lag as well. Played a few other online MP games and there were no lag issues at all. Checked the ports and the ones required to run XBL were already reserved for the 360.
---
#7CalistoCoonPosted 11/26/2011 7:18:59 PM
Strange, must be something with the game then.
---
#8time eater(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2011 6:12:02 AM
I dont think its just latency either because it happens at a constant rate even when i do things to try and increase the latency, i would think if it was merely my connection the it would become worse when i fiddle with my internet.

I have all my ports set right. and i have also tried it directly connecting it to my modem, and different modems too.

what i find odd is that it happens even when im hosting a game, im under the impression that if it was that my internet wasn't up to par if i was hosting then i wouldnt have any lag like this but the other people in the game would but that doesn't appear to be the case.

i find this very disappointing as i was really looking forward to playing the coop and driving around a cardboard tank.
---
There is no such thing as death,life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves...Here's Tom with the weather.
#9pr1nce38Posted 11/27/2011 7:44:39 PM
I know what you mean time eater. Until now I'm still trying to figure this out. I even went as far as going back to the store to exchange for a new copy and the problem is still there. I've contacted Konami customer support about this but...it's customer support. What else is there to say lol. If I figure this problem out I'll post again here to let you know.
---
#10LuckNotDoWithItPosted 11/27/2011 9:44:14 PM
It's definitely the framerate. Check your connection, the game is online.