Breaking Necks

#1gamez4dayzPosted 12/6/2011 7:34:39 PM
How do you break peoples' necks? It says in the manual press X but are you supposed to hold it, tap it, etc. Every time I try to do it I end up fighting the enemies
#2AciDicTwiSteRPosted 12/6/2011 7:48:06 PM
gamez4dayz posted...
How do you break peoples' necks? It says in the manual press X but are you supposed to hold it, tap it, etc. Every time I try to do it I end up fighting the enemies

You have to use the "B" button. "X" is just to punch and kick.
#3LuckNotDoWithItPosted 12/6/2011 8:35:17 PM
Its not X, it is the B button. B is the same as the Playstation's X button.
#4caboose84Posted 12/6/2011 8:53:46 PM

LuckNotDoWithIt posted...
Its not X, it is the B button. B is the same as the Playstation's X button.

XBOX controller layout going clockwise from the top button:

Y

B

A

X

Playstation controller layout clockwise from top button:

Triangle

O

X

Square

Maybe that'll help.

Thing with me is in MGS2, it's X for me, but in MGS3, it's B, so...

#5Ryuji YamazakiPosted 12/6/2011 9:00:05 PM
MGS2 - Get behind an enemy, make sure you're not pressing a direction (or you'll do a throw), then mash X until you snap their neck.

MGS3 - Press and hold B to get an enemy into a CQC hold, then mash B until you snap their neck.

Peace Walker - Can you snap necks in this one? I'm not sure 'cause I haven't played it yet :-P
#6caboose84Posted 12/6/2011 9:22:16 PM

Ryuji Yamazaki posted...
MGS2 - Get behind an enemy, make sure you're not pressing a direction (or you'll do a throw), then mash X until you snap their neck.

MGS3 - Press and hold B to get an enemy into a CQC hold, then mash B until you snap their neck.

Peace Walker - Can you snap necks in this one? I'm not sure 'cause I haven't played it yet :-P

I'm pretty sure it's just throws actually. That's all I've been able to do anyway.

#7ZimmyPosted 12/7/2011 9:32:08 AM
I think what everyone is missing is make sure you don't have a gun equipped.
#8gamez4dayz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2011 2:40:37 PM
thanks guys. my mistake on thinking it was X