Controls in MGS2

#1ChemicalSiNPosted 12/28/2011 1:36:33 AM
I'm trying to get them down, but why are they so strange? I understand they're similar to how they were back in the day, but they feel incredibly strange now. I can never see when an enemy is in front of me sometimes thanks to the camera, shooting from corners and hiding in certain spots is incredibly awkward, etc.

Anyone else getting this or am I just completely high?

Thanks!
---
THIS IS BOLD TEXT.
#2SiLVeR_420Posted 12/28/2011 2:37:10 AM
First person is your friend in that game. Use it well.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#3TheKingOfCarmelPosted 12/28/2011 9:51:53 AM
They are incredibly awkward at first, mainly because no other game really feels quite like this one. You should get used to them after awhile though, and then the game will feel incredibly smooth. I never have gotten the hang of shooting around corners though, so I'll give you that one.
---
I will change this sig on the release date of TimeSplitters 4 ::created October 2010::
#4Freedan the EternalPosted 12/28/2011 10:31:45 AM
I'd say don't even bother using the corner mechanic. Just go into first person and use RT/LT to lean and shoot. Works much easier for me.
---
Of course she flew through the air! You can see it right there! Whooooooooosh! - Phoenix Wright
#5tazerhaterPosted 12/28/2011 11:03:32 AM
By the time i got on the plant, i got the controls down pat.

Always use RB, it helps a ton.

If you find yourself in a situation where you're pointing a gun but dont wanna shoot it, click the Left Stick.
---
GT: HELLS WINT3R | PSN: HELLSW1NTER
Stay Gold. Bang.
#6SikariosPosted 12/28/2011 12:37:16 PM
On anything but the hardest difficulties, threat disposal is WAY easier than I remember it being in MGS2. The tanker becomes easy after going through it a few times. And most enemies at the plant are ridiculously easy to headshot with the tranq pistol. Just sandman and entire room. Even if a guard goes "Huh?" and starts to investigate it's usually not much of a problem to headshot him while staying out of his alert sight.

Then, if you're dogtagging, you can slowly wake up the room one at a time with coolant spray if you have it and give them the shakedown.
---
GameFAQs has a strong presence of stupid. - TheGamerPenguin