Kirk's Upgrades Disappearing

#1TunipoePosted 9/7/2013 1:53:21 PM
Anybody else having this problem? A buddy of mine has this, and twice he's lost all his kirk powerups. Anybody else have this glitch or know a way around it?
#2snake2410Posted 9/7/2013 2:49:59 PM
Tunipoe posted...
Anybody else having this problem? A buddy of mine has this, and twice he's lost all his kirk powerups. Anybody else have this glitch or know a way around it?

Is he playing splitscreen? Otherwise I've ran into some glitches where experience points I had when I reached a checkpoint where lost if I restarted the level after that checkpoint, but the research items I collected to get those points were retained. This game is a glitchfest as it is.
---
PSN: Snake2410
MG SAGA 5x Plat!, GoW SAGA 6x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!
#3Tunipoe(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 4:02:40 PM
Thanks for the reply. He's noticed the glitchyness as well. But he had one good glitch wherein he got the trophy for fully upgrading Kirk's phaser after the second reset.
#4snake2410Posted 9/8/2013 9:37:11 AM
Tunipoe posted...
Thanks for the reply. He's noticed the glitchyness as well. But he had one good glitch wherein he got the trophy for fully upgrading Kirk's phaser after the second reset.

After playing online co op for my last 3 trophies last night all my Kirk upgrades disappeared as well. I had to rebuy them all while playing single player as Spock, playing story one more time to see his slightly different cutscenes and such. They were always there when I played solo before, even as Spock, and didn't disappear until I played online for the first time last night. I'll keep testing, see if they disappear again on me once I switch characters and switch again, but I have a feeling it has to do with playing online. Never happened to me playing solo.
---
#5Tunipoe(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 10:18:35 AM
Interesting, I'll pass the information along. Thanks!
#6snake2410Posted 9/8/2013 10:26:58 AM
Tunipoe posted...
Interesting, I'll pass the information along. Thanks!

I should add that I played exclusively as Kirk online last night too. Wish this game had been given more development time to work out the bugs because I really enjoyed it, but the bugs are annoying. This one will suck if it keeps happening after playing online. Glad I have all the trophies so I don't have to play co op unless my wife wants to play splitscreen or something.
---
#7snake2410Posted 9/12/2013 7:04:35 AM
So I'm doing a Spock runthrough on hard with all commendations done using him and Kirks upgrades disappeared again, somewhere during the Gorn planet chapter. Luckily I had a backup save so I didn't have to rebuy them all, didn't have enough xp this time to do that. My suspicions are that somewhere in the Gorn Planet chapter a random glitch happens, not sure if it happens every time or not, and that is causing all the upgrades to disappear. I'll post one last time once I finish if it happens again. With proper bug testing and patching this game wouldn't have been so bad, its still fun and the story was decent but these bugs are awful.
---
#8Tunipoe(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 1:01:20 PM
Thanks again, I'll pass along the info as well. I think you're narrowing down where things bread-down.

I really do appreciate the help! (And I'm sure he does as well!)
#9snake2410Posted 9/14/2013 10:42:11 PM
Tunipoe posted...
Thanks again, I'll pass along the info as well. I think you're narrowing down where things bread-down.

I really do appreciate the help! (And I'm sure he does as well!)

I'll likely only be doing one more playthrough in the near future in order to help someone with the co op trophies so if it happens again after that then maybe I can narrow it down even more. Otherwise that's about as far in it I'll likely get to narrowing it down anymore.
---