How to get rid of unwanted pets??

#1CourtniPosted 12/2/2011 8:13:50 PM
I have looked all over to get some info on this with no luck. I have even contacted EA who directed me to TS3 website forum. I have posted over there as well and no one has replied. I have a family who had a litter of kittens and now she can't move her fiance in because of the 6 per household limit. This is so freaking aggravating, any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated!! I have this game on PC as well, I'm starting to regret buying it for PS3 :\
#2jonny41177Posted 12/3/2011 3:10:24 PM
There are 3 ways that i know of.
1. give to friend which means a friend from psn with the game who will accept it.
2. kill it off by just putting it or them outside then build a wall around them they will eventually die under a day from starving, cruel but it works.
3. set the pet age to brief then they will age fast but so will all your pets and other pets.
#3Courtni(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2011 5:56:00 PM
jonny41177 posted...
There are 3 ways that i know of.
1. give to friend which means a friend from psn with the game who will accept it.
2. kill it off by just putting it or them outside then build a wall around them they will eventually die under a day from starving, cruel but it works.
3. set the pet age to brief then they will age fast but so will all your pets and other pets.

1.) I don't have connections at this time to hook up my PS3

2.) You can't kill them off on the game. I have boxed them in and let them starve only to get the message that a social worker is going to come and take away ALL the pets on the lot. I have four cats at the moment, I want to keep two of them as they are maxed on their skills.

3.) Unfortunately this wont work either as it'd kill off the two older cats that I'd like to keep in the game.

This is really quite ridiculous. At least on the PC game you're able to call the "shelter" and surrender pets. Not being able to easily get rid of them is a major downfall in the game. Especially if you have the lifetime wish of raising a large amount of puppies/kittens.
#4vbroadwayPosted 12/4/2011 2:56:36 PM
Use the ghostify karma power and then the ghost zapper. That's how I get rid of unwanted pets and human sims.
#5Courtni(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2011 3:54:47 PM
vbroadway posted...
Use the ghostify karma power and then the ghost zapper. That's how I get rid of unwanted pets and human sims.

Yeah, I unlocked the karma power that turns them human then I kicked him and the unwanted cats out. There should be an easier way to get rid of them though :\
#6KerrKerr2000Posted 12/30/2011 7:59:11 AM
how do you get the ghost zapper
---
I LOVE SIMS
#7jennyferj75Posted 12/30/2011 11:01:28 AM
I hate that the game has Social Services dealing with pet adoptions.

The HUMANE SOCIETY deals with animals and pet adoptions. Social Services deals with CHILD adoptions ONLY. They already have an overload of this in real life.
---
Video Games ruined my life. Good thing I have two extra lives.
#8wickedteePosted 1/8/2012 1:50:42 PM
My house was full of dogs, but I still got the option to ask a friend to move in. Obviously there was not enough room, so I just moved my dogs in with her instead. :) There was already four people in her household, so I could only give her two, but I will be repeating this step with my other unwanted dogs.
#9SHAO-KhanPosted 1/10/2012 10:29:35 AM
KerrKerr2000 posted...
how do you get the ghost zapper

you get it from using the inventing skill, eventually you will unlock it once you get to a certain level, you also unlock other items like the teleporter and time machine [from a mystery though]
---
"If we're Evil or Divine , We're the Last in Line" - Ronnie James Dio