Wild Horses

#1SndDrln419Posted 10/29/2011 2:02:33 PM
How do I adopt the wild horses? My sim is an Equestrian and has a level 10 riding skill and the message thing popped up and said that I could adopt wild horses now and I also can whisper to my horses, but the wild ones won't even let me near them. Can anyone help me with this problem?
#2JazzyBlackkPosted 10/29/2011 3:36:11 PM
I never got as far as trying to adopt one yet because I wanted to have a couple of cats plus my Sim has a job but I can start you off by saying you need to "watch" one a LOT. That got me to be friends with the horse but it still doesn't trust me for much else yet. All I can suggest is stalking the horse (lol) and continue watching it until you can do more.
#3twitchnhackPosted 10/29/2011 4:34:48 PM
I'm having similar issues. I'm wondering if it isn't some sort of bug.

I've been "watching" this horse until the relationship bar is full to capacity and my sim (riding skill 8) has decided that he's her BFF. But all I can do is watch, and maybe if I'm EXTREMELY lucky I can feed a treat to the horse. Otherwise, I'm stuck. I'm having an easier time with the unicorn. :/ At first I thought that perhaps that particular horse had a trait that made it difficult or impossible to tame/adopt. No such luck. I run into the same problem with the other wild horses. I'm pretty fed up. It shouldn't be this difficult.
#4wanderzPosted 10/30/2011 5:58:00 AM
now i refuse to believe that EA would actually release an expansion or a patch that had any bugs in it.. no way never..

oh wait...

actually i'm surprised at how few bugs there are.. i haven't actually experienced one, the worst i saw is my horse was practice racing on a custom map and a couple times he somehow ended up back outside the park and had to run back in to get back to the practice track.

altho, i can't seem to find any way to actually get my horse to actually go to the bathroom, the bladder thing goes all the way down and finally she'll pee wherever he stands. not sure if that's a bug or the way it's actually suppose to be.
---
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.
#5JazzyBlackkPosted 10/30/2011 7:44:51 AM
Your skill is maxed and twitchnhack's is at 8 (they didn't say if they got the adoption pop up and I don't know what level it occurs) so possibly having the skill maxed and a super high relationship with the horse would work?
About the peeing...my horse did the same and I don't think it's a glitch because my fiance's dog does the same thing. Seems like they need to have to go so bad they can't hold it anymore before they actually go so we have no control (though that might be bad for dogs if they're in the house).
I got the race track exit then enter again, too. I think it's the way that track is set up because I made a track on my lot and it works great.
I think there are riding skill books in the store so I'll go get this Sim's skill maxed and max her relationship with her wild horse friend and let you know if I find any more out. Since you're both having so much trouble it's making me curious now. And I haven't seen the unicorn, I don't know where to find it.
#6JazzyBlackkPosted 10/30/2011 10:43:13 AM
I've been doing some research. Try getting a few BFFs and see if that helps. I'm off to play and experiment.
#7JazzyBlackkPosted 10/30/2011 4:00:09 PM
Ok, I'm soo confused. I wondered if maybe I had to be BFF with all 4 wild horses to be able to adopt, so I set off to make more of them best friends. As soon as I make the second BFF horse, my cat is no longer my BFF and is now my best friend. Later, I am at work and get a message saying my cat has chosen me as it's BFF. I look at my friends list and one of the wild horses is no longer my BFF. When I watch that horse again, it becomes my BFF and my cat is now my best friend.

More confirmation that this is weird...I find a unicorn and the wild horses in one place. Two of the wild horses are my BFF. I get the unicorn to be my BFF and one horse drops to friend status but it doesn't look like his friend bar has moved any. It's quite high. So I watch him a few minutes and he's my BFF again. But the unicorn is now my best friend. These horses are together so this happened within a few sim hours. I don't get it.
#8twitchnhackPosted 10/30/2011 5:56:36 PM
I did indeed get the pop-up saying that my sim is now capable of adopting wild horses at level 8. I've still been watching this horse. I'll watch for a while, and then attempt to feed produce/treat or let it sniff my hand. I've tried every tactic I can think of. I'm ready to give up.

I know that entering the testingcheatsenabled true cheat and then shift-clicking on the horse will enable you to add it to your household. I tried out of curiosity. I ended up unable to edit the saddle. So it was not truly added to the household. :(
#9JazzyBlackkPosted 10/31/2011 4:02:06 PM
I'm level 9 now, so yes, I saw the pop-up at level 8. I totally agree with you that it shouldn't be this difficult. I'd like to do it without the cheat, and like you have tried every option.

That's terrible about not being able to edit the saddle. I know what you mean about it not being added to the household. I tried to befriend a few strays but after they left they never came back, so I added a cat with the testingcheats and unlike my other cat that I actually adopted (that shows him as My Kitten and me as his Mother) this cheat added cat is my best friend.
#10twitchnhackPosted 10/31/2011 5:10:03 PM
I just went ahead and used the cheat. I would have given up otherwise. Shift-clicking the horse also allows you to go into Create-a-Sim mode and edit the horse that way, so that's what I ended up doing. :/