Anonymous Threatens Sony Hack

#1TibbatronPosted 12/30/2011 11:55:47 AM
Joystiq just did a story on a supposed video from Anonymous threatening another hack of the PSN. I'm currently at work posting from phone, will post link when I get home.

I just wanted to warn my fellow Vampire Hunters to be alert.... be overly safe and remove any credit card info.

Hopefully we wont be locked out for another 22 days
---
Currently playing-- Castlevania Harmony of Despair, Uncharted 3, Ico / Shadow of the Colossus HD, LotR War in the North, Final Fantasy 5, Skyrim
#2brutalhitsPosted 12/30/2011 12:35:51 PM
You do realize that anonymous isn't an actual organization or anything right? They're just random people. The media makes it seem like it's organized crime or something lol
#3KMFDManicPosted 12/30/2011 12:44:14 PM
yeah, that was on the news last night...it was stated, banks,sony, etc would be hacked of at least 1 million dollars, which would all be donated to charity. Sony is fully aware of it. The only reason it got hacked before was because they weren't up to date on security protection. That's why we all got bought off with some free games. There could have easily been a class action lawsuit.
---
PSN=KMFDManic
#4donkeyofdestinyPosted 12/30/2011 1:13:11 PM
brutalhits posted...
You do realize that anonymous isn't an actual organization or anything right? They're just random people. The media makes it seem like it's organized crime or something lol

This.

Pretty soon the media is going to claim Bill Gates is the head of anonymous and he is plotting to destroy all of Microsoft's rivals with internet terrorist acts launched from a starbucks.
---
Remain calm, I'm a rocket scientist.
gt/psn: DonkeyOfDestiny
#5Tibbatron(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2011 1:19:12 PM
brutalhits posted...

I do know that, but its fairly irrelevant. It only takes one to take down my PSN. :/

I definitely don't think the sky is falling or anything but just wanted to give a heads up.
---
Currently playing-- Castlevania Harmony of Despair, Uncharted 3, Ico / Shadow of the Colossus HD, LotR War in the North, Final Fantasy 5, Skyrim
#6NeoseekerDarkKnPosted 12/30/2011 1:39:07 PM
Cyber Robin Hoods
---
http://alternateharmony.proboards.com/ = Go? :3
http://tinyurl.com/HarmonyinDespair = Review? :x
#7brutalhitsPosted 12/30/2011 2:03:13 PM
Tibbatron posted...
brutalhits posted...

I do know that, but its fairly irrelevant. It only takes one to take down my PSN. :/

I definitely don't think the sky is falling or anything but just wanted to give a heads up.

It only takes one to threaten Sony. And there's over 7 billion people in the world. Imagine how often they probably get threatened without us knowing. It's cool to give a heads up though. I was just saying.
#8Shadow ReaverPosted 12/30/2011 3:34:18 PM(edited)
so they are going to steal from folks that are NOT rich and give it to charity? dumbasses if you are going to act all chivalrous then steal from rich folks not from us folks that actually WORK for a living.

EDIT:
even though my accounts were not "stolen" i made sure that the only way i buy from the network since the hack is by PSN cards.
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
GameFAQS - ShadowReaver GameSpot - WraithAnubis
#9Tibbatron(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2011 3:50:32 PM
brutalhits posted...
Tibbatron posted...
brutalhits posted...

It only takes one to threaten Sony. And there's over 7 billion people in the world. Imagine how often they probably get threatened without us knowing. It's cool to give a heads up though. I was just saying.

Definitely makes you wonder how often they are threatened.

I noticed a huge decrease in online traffic with various PSN titles after the last security breach.... do you guys think Castlevania could survive a 22 day shutout? (Highly doubt it would be on that scale again) I'd be very sad to see my little slice of nostalgia die out.
---
#10kiwimyweeweePosted 12/30/2011 5:13:28 PM
I'd just go back to the xbox.
---
Your corpses shall feed the Ravens.