Transfarring game-breaking theory

#1Scion_of_LightPosted 4/12/2012 4:32:00 PM
I bought Peace Walker for the PSP when it came out. Spent 98 hours on that bad boy, got uber soldiers, all the awesome weapons, pretty much did the game to 100%. Naturally I was thrilled on hearing the re-release in the HD collection as I love MGS. Now I'm sitting with the game infront of me and I want to play PW. However, I want to use my uber soldiers.

And that's when I got to thinking: how can I get around the transfarring barrier. Obviously I want to earn trophies so simply booting up my old PSP data and straight transfarring won't work. But what if I transfarred my data, got a friend, and traded my soldiers over to them; start a fresh save on the PS3 and get them to trade them back? Would that work?

And if it did just think of how easily that could break the game. Because the PSP data can be duplicated so all it would take is for someone like me who has done everything in the game and amassed an entire S rank army to bump the data over the net and then everybody could theoretically do the same thing and get these powerful soldiers long before they should be able. What does anybody else think? Sure it's a lot of running around but potentially a work-around.

And please, if it is possible don't ask me for my PSP data. Lol.
---
Explaining Moronism to a Moron is Moronic.
"Ah... Ga.... Ubwaa!" -- Kireek.
#2OtakunPosted 4/13/2012 8:02:52 PM(edited)
You can absolutely do this, with one caveat: You must trade a soldier who has a skill the same rank as the highest rank of the guy you're trading for.

Example: S rank combat character could be traded for an S rank medic. Note that this is their raw rank, and does not include any morale bonuses. Because of this limitation, it isn't really possible to get much more powerful characters than you would normally have via playing.

You could certainly use it to duplicate your best/favorite soldiers, but it doesn't break the game at all.
#3lalelulelosopPosted 4/19/2012 7:03:26 PM
it doesnt takae that long to get an almost maxed out soldiers tho...altough i had several maxed out soldiers on the psp that are impossible on a ps3
---
PSN: Solid_Gabe136
http://youtu.be/TApqh73L0aU