Texture loading issues?

#1XisurusXPosted 3/23/2012 4:17:56 AM
Let me first start by saying I am enjoying the game immensely, I think the devs did a great job and for 40$ this was an absolute steal. After seeing some screenshots and reading a few glowing reviews, I was a bit underwhelmed when I first loaded my game on my xbox 360. While the planes models, sky, and water look great, many of the 3D ground elements look decidedly low res. There appears to be alot of texture pop-in on trees for instance, and buildings dont seem to load a texture at all and really look VERY blurry. so after reading about 6 reviews now, many of them do refer to the ground looking really bad while a few of the first reviews said it looked good.
Problem is, my game just doesnt look at all like the screenshots found across the web and on Gaijin's main site as far as building textures go. Look here: http://www.birdsofst.../screenshots/1/ and move to the second page, the buildings under the plane have a hi res texture that I havent seen yet. Is it possible I have a bad copy or that a bad run of discs went out that wont load textures?
1. I have a xbox slim 250gb
2. 47'' LED HDTV
3. I tried from disc and installed to HD with same results
4. Textures dont appear on buildings in game or during replays

any ideas? Thanks.
#2CapwnDPosted 3/23/2012 5:23:55 AM
Link isn't working for me.

Is it screen shots of the 360 or PS3 version? I noticed some cutscene stuff looked a little better in the PS3 version, I'm still looking for gameplay differences based on the demo. I have both versions, just didn't open the PS3 version yet. Trying to make my final decision.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#3XisurusX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2012 6:53:02 AM
sorry, link is:

http://www.birdsofsteel.com/en/media/screenshots/1/
#4Matt_256Posted 4/6/2012 5:50:13 AM
Those screenshots are pretty touched up. I've noticed this too, everything looks pretty good but just like every other airplane game like this all the stuff on the ground looks pretty low res. Water looks pretty good, planes look good. I remember when I first booted up the demo I knew absolutely nothing about this game and when I booted up the tutorial I was thinking "Oh, this must be an XBLA game" because all the textures while I was taking off from the ground looked pretty bad but could be impressive for an Arcade game until I got into the sky and seen the amount of detail and how amazing the gameplay was I started second guessing myself and had to check online to see what the hell this game was lol.

Honestly, I haven't played a lot of 3D airplane games but the ground textures always looked terrible in every one I've played in the past, this one was actually an improvement. I played the demo because by some of the pics it reminded me of "1943: The Battle Of Midway" one of my favourite top down shooters, I honestly thought I'd turn this game off after a couple minutes and I ended up playing the demo for nearly 4 hours the other night. Definitely going to purchase.

There doesn't seem to be much information surrounding this game based off reviews Apparently this game came out nearly a month ago and it's still tough to find reviews on it. IGN UK reviewed it and gave it an 8.5, Gamespot hasn't had anything on it. Looks like this game really got swept under the rug. Thank God for accidently downloading this demo otherwise I never would have tried it.
#5XisurusX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2012 5:42:23 PM
Haha, ya you know what this game has quickly become one of my favorite games and it hasnt left my tray, and all of my battlefield 3 buddies are wondering what happened to me. I am trying to convince more people to get this, it really is THAT good and the replay value of this game is through the roof. Great game.
#6Matt_256Posted 4/6/2012 6:53:36 PM
XisurusX posted...
Haha, ya you know what this game has quickly become one of my favorite games and it hasnt left my tray, and all of my battlefield 3 buddies are wondering what happened to me. I am trying to convince more people to get this, it really is THAT good and the replay value of this game is through the roof. Great game.

HIGHLY addicting too. Man, I was replaying the same levels in the demo over and over again and I'm still not bored. I haven't been addicted to a game like this in ages..