Purchasing New Planes?

#1CooperF4Posted 4/8/2012 8:32:56 PM
How do you get money to buy new airplanes?
#2GimarkPosted 4/8/2012 10:32:54 PM
Do dynamic campaign or versus
---
How are you relevant you are just words on my computer screen.
#3CooperF4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2012 5:07:13 PM
Multiplayer is the only way??

It doesn't affect me but what do people without Xbox live do?
#4abcefurPosted 4/9/2012 5:11:08 PM
...they can do Dynamic Campaign as well, as he said.
---
A fantasy writer uses logic the same way a drunk man uses a lamp post; for support, not illumination.
#5GimarkPosted 4/9/2012 7:13:49 PM
You can play dynamic campaign by yourself.
---
How are you relevant you are just words on my computer screen.
#6CooperF4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2012 11:27:42 PM
Shortly after making that comment I figured out that you could play offline. Many thanks for your replies!

This game is quite fun.

Any idea on how to unlock new paint schemes and decals?

Also, what do the points bars for each plane mean? When you fill them up do you get something?
#7IonizerPosted 4/10/2012 1:15:03 AM(edited)

Any idea on how to unlock new paint schemes and decals?

Also, what do the points bars for each plane mean? When you fill them up do you get something?

Unlocking new paint schemes and decals seems exclusive to Versus mode, mostly. Check out your profile (Y button on main menu) and check out the specific requirements. For Skins, it's mostly "Shoot down X players in Versus with X plane" and for Decals it's a mix between between "Shoot down X Players," "Destroy X Ground Targets," "Play X Missions," "Win X Missions," and other such requirements.

When the XP bar fills for a plane, you get less XP for using that plane. For example, if Taking Off usually give you ~250 XP, once you max that plane, it'll only give you ~50 XP. It seems to be this way to encourage you to use several different planes instead of sticking with just a few. If you keep using the same plane, you'll get less XP, so it'll take longer to rank up and gain access to newer planes. But, in practice, if you play in modes where you actually get credits, you should be able to buy a new planes once you max out whatever you're flying, so it shouldn't be a big deal. I actually seem to be able to buy planes two at a time for a faction, for example, with Germany, I'll be able to swap between the newest BF-109 and FW-190 and buy the next two once those two fill up.
---
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s166/Ionizer_1/squirrel.jpg
Carrier of Squirrel Flu
#8CooperF4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 9:13:00 PM
Many thanks for clarifying. I'm really enjoying this one.