So I Decided to Test How Accurate the Geography Is...

#1KerberosPanzerPosted 3/28/2012 7:01:29 PM
What I did was go into Attack on Pearl Harbor, Honolulu Area, Free Flight, Takeoff and Proceed to Target. Since Oahu has 227 miles of coast, my initial plan was to take off and circle the island at around 220 to 230 mph and see if it takes an hour to go around it, give or take a few minutes. Unfortunately, a mission barrier prevented me from doing this, making this flight for science only 6 minutes and 12 seconds long. However, the barrier happened to be above Makaha, which gives me a landmark to measure the flight distance. Measuring my flight path along the coast, Makaha was 22-23 miles away from Hickam Air Force Base. Using this, I divided 225 (rough median, it's hard to measure the average) by 60, which gave me a 3.75 miles per minute. Multiplying that by 6.10 (6 minutes and 12 seconds), I got 22.875 miles per 6 minutes and 12 seconds, which matched my speed and distance in game. So yeah, this game is pretty darn accurate and if I could, I can fly around Oahu in an hour.
---
Visually, TVR doesn't do subtle, and the Sagaris is like being poked in they eye with an electric cattle prod.
#2Bf109_Ace_1941Posted 3/28/2012 7:46:22 PM
Nice
#3Riceball80IAPosted 3/28/2012 9:45:03 PM
"flight for science" made me laugh
---
Apacheclips.com
#4ZeroSHEARERPosted 3/30/2012 8:18:15 AM
This is insane for a game as seemingly non heard about :( well done though this is an awesome discovery! :) Great Game!
---
You don't have enough hate............and you know something, you never will.
#5JimmyCosmosPosted 3/30/2012 9:57:17 AM
That's cool! I wish I could figure out a way to get experience quicker so I could unlock some cooler planes to fly around in free flight.. :(
---
Favs so far this gen: Valkyria Chronicles, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Demon's Souls, Yakuza 3, 4 & Dead Souls, Binary Domain, WO3... and Dark Souls .. '-_-
#6InfiniteStatesPosted 4/3/2012 8:09:37 AM
The first game (IL2 Sturmovik) was pretty accurate too - there was a trophy for bombing a truck by a particular game in a particular park in Berlin. I used Google maps to find out where the park and gate were, and it translated exactly in game. I could even recognise the park from the air from maps I'd looked at...
---
Check out Shepherd and Extreme Golf for iPhone
#7InfiniteStatesPosted 4/3/2012 8:10:18 AM
I meant particular "gate", not "game" lol
---
Check out Shepherd and Extreme Golf for iPhone
#8MashYouGoodPosted 4/12/2012 7:24:28 AM
Americans and their undying loyalty to Imperial units...

You gained independence long ago. MOVE - ON!, godammit. -_-
#9KerberosPanzer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2012 7:42:22 PM
^^^^
ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!
---
Visually, TVR doesn't do subtle, and the Sagaris is like being poked in they eye with an electric cattle prod.