Hope it's like far cry 2

#1XxbipolorhoboxXPosted 4/6/2012 2:31:38 PM
The only problem I had with far cry 2 was the fact that ur player had malaria and from time to time you had to put off whatever or wherever you were goin to get more pills. Other than that I had blast exploring and doing the sideqeust to upgrade my weapons. What do you guys think about what they should do with far cry 3
---
Guns don't kill people paragoomba's do
#2JiminipPosted 4/8/2012 11:16:39 PM
I agree but with a slight change, a little more fast travel options would be nice.

Though I think they've confirmed that already, along with non respawning guard posts. Those were my two biggest issues with FC2.
---
Hey, a butterfly! Aw, look at those beautiful wings flappin. But, uh oh, here comes ka-slice!
#3XxbipolorhoboxX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2012 7:01:24 AM
Jiminip posted...
I agree but with a slight change, a little more fast travel options would be nice.

Though I think they've confirmed that already, along with non respawning guard posts. Those were my two biggest issues with FC2.

Yea I found it kinda annoying that I had to find a bus schedule to fast travel to an area not even close to the objective and those respawning guards were a pain I've said this in another post but I remember that time when respawn ticked me off cause I killed this dude and he jus comes back after five minutes and blows me to hell with a rpg. And what's the news about those phantom trucks and cars are they goin make a debut in this one also
---
Guns don't kill people paragoomba's do
#4pkbynightPosted 4/25/2012 9:27:07 AM
biggest thing i loved about far cry 2 was the fire... you could burn down a whole guard post and the guard would never new what hit them
loved how it was so life like and how it spread
#5ry_mannPosted 4/25/2012 5:25:51 PM
My two biggest concerns were the respawning guard posts (which they claim they've fixed.

And the over aggressive AI. if they get into a car you're pretty much screwed. I haven't heard much of vehicles in Single Player though, so maybe this is automatically addressed
---
PSN: Ry_mann88 xFire: ithinkipooped
www.clanbotc.com
#6Raven2827Posted 4/28/2012 3:26:08 PM
I hope it has more to do than far cry 2. A solitary soldier or dude in the jungle...gets pretty lonely. Hope there are natives or side characters you can do story missions for that involve various different gameplay elements.
---
ASUS P8P67 | 2600K @ 4.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600 | 500GB Seagate 7200.12 | Intel 80GB SSD | GTX 260 | 42" @ 1920x1080 + 22" @ 1920x1080 | Win7 Ultimate x64
#7Thermador446Posted 5/4/2012 1:27:31 AM
pkbynight posted...
biggest thing i loved about far cry 2 was the fire... you could burn down a whole guard post and the guard would never new what hit them
loved how it was so life like and how it spread

Me too. Fire was sweet.
I even had a weapon load-out for maximum fire; it sucked when I finally got where I'm going, then rain :(
---
Im sorry but Im not equipped to reach a conclusion regarding that assessment at this time and whats more let me add that Iwill explode your head for saying that
#8PoPPaShEANPosted 5/15/2012 8:04:32 PM
My remedy for the gaurd posts was a sniper rifle. Best thing to do is a lil scouting before you run in but when your on the go and just cleared the place a few minutes ago, yeah it's aggrivating.

I agree that the lone ranger bit got tiring. I was usually in an assault truck myself most of the time and in the jungle its hard to get away from an identicle vehicle that's shooting you up and there's little you can do. Some recruitable AI would be nice when your being attcked by an assault truck so you don't have to switch between driving and shooting. As long as their not completely reatrded and attack an enemy on site when on foot. A command menu would be neccesary. Or perhaps online Co-op.

How about a radar system that tracks enemies that make noise. I hated it when you had to clear out an area and there was always one guy you could hear talking to himself but never find. Then out of no where he pops up behind you and your toast. I'm not saying make it dumbed down to where you put no effort in finding the guy but when they start panicing let'em pop up on the radar so you can stop running in circles trying to find him and just go on about your business.

Degrading weapons were a drag but it's a neat system and I liked it in a way. Adds a strategic element to the game. But when you've been going a while and don't get a chance to swap out leaving you with crappy gear, yeah it sucked. A weapon cleaning kit would be nice. Some gun oil, some tiny rags, and a rod is good enough. Found at your local arms dealer for a modest sum.

I liked the mortor myself but it was sometimes difficult to use and the smoke rounds gave you away. If you wanted any kind of suprise you needed some luck cuz that thing never struck the same place twice. An improved aiming system for that would be nice. Also, a motor unit is well over 100 lbs. so you can forget humping through the jungle by yourself with one unless your the Govenator. So how about making it something you can carry in a vehicle to setup and use (along with placeable MGs, large mines and IEDs, etc. Leaving room for actual guns you carry with you). Plus if your getting shot at from the rear being able to abandon the thing instead of pulling up the tripod and slowly switching to another weapon would be a plus. Also it didn't have much in the way of ammo (4 HE rounds). Maybe 10 rounds max would be good enough. Plus making the smoke rounds something like tear gas would be good too. So you can site in the target and not worry as much about the element of suprise.

A happier ending would be nice as well.
#9ElBorak77Posted 5/17/2012 2:17:24 PM
"A happier ending would be nice as well."

boooo.
#10Combine_KeganPosted 5/18/2012 4:18:15 AM
Hey there's nothing wrong with wanting a happier ending. I dislike how Far Cry 2 ended. It just seems like a spit in the face going through all that hell for that ending.