SPOILERS Hollywood Star and Poker Trophies

#1Dr_KainPosted 1/14/2013 5:20:29 AM
What is the Hollywood Star and what is the best way to win $1500 at Poker? Is it going to be like RDR where I just keep upping the amount until everyone folds?
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#2SkaddictPosted 1/14/2013 5:35:06 AM
For the Hollywood Star, on a beach on the first island, afraid I can't remember the exact coordinates but I think it is on the west side of the most south eastern part (if that makes any sense), you will see two bodies hanging in a tree and a head of someone buried in the sand (it's the same as the picture on the cover of the box). Interact with the head in the sand and you'll get the trophy.

For the Poker trophy, there is a story mission on the second island where you have to play in a poker game. Just by winning on the lowest betting level you will get the trophy. It's pretty easy. You can ignore all the other poker games unless you really feel like it.
---
You will be baked, then there will be cake.
#3Dr_Kain(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 9:53:14 PM
Skaddict posted...
For the Hollywood Star, on a beach on the first island, afraid I can't remember the exact coordinates but I think it is on the west side of the most south eastern part (if that makes any sense), you will see two bodies hanging in a tree and a head of someone buried in the sand (it's the same as the picture on the cover of the box). Interact with the head in the sand and you'll get the trophy.

For the Poker trophy, there is a story mission on the second island where you have to play in a poker game. Just by winning on the lowest betting level you will get the trophy. It's pretty easy. You can ignore all the other poker games unless you really feel like it.

I'm past that part of the game on the second island, but the game never let me win more than like $200 before Sam left.
---
#4mathon88Posted 1/16/2013 2:26:18 AM
later you have a sidequest if you play that you will get the trophy
#5SkaddictPosted 1/17/2013 6:23:40 AM
Yeah sorry, it's the sidequest mission I meant, think I just called it a Story Mission by mistake.
---
You will be baked, then there will be cake.
#6Johnny_glockPosted 1/17/2013 7:09:44 AM
The lost Hollywood star can be found at the coordinates X: 619.7, Y: 559.4 (see top right corner of the world map). This is at the beach of one of the northern islands. You can go there shortly after the game starts. Stay at the beach and look for two dead people that are hanging on a tree. There is a man burried in the sand and you can only see his head. (Far Cry 3, PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
---
PSN: Johnny_glock_19
#7bmcpridePosted 1/18/2013 1:53:44 AM
i got the poker one last night

just went into a poker game, put it on expert
on my first hand i went all in and everyone folded
quit out of the game
then just did it a couple times for it

didnt work everytime but easy way to get it i found
#8Dr_Kain(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 8:47:55 AM
Yeah, I got them. In fact, I ended up winning $2000 in my first poker game. I just kept betting all in until the guys were busted.

In fact, the only trophies I need are the Co-Op ones, which I'll never get because I'll never play the Co-Op missions.
---