the heavies wont die

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. the heavies wont die
4 years ago#1
i just ran into my first heavily armored bad guys and had a heck of a time taking them out. Does anybody have any tips. I tried a stealth kill but it wouldn't let me so I'm guessing that's out.
sporenerdcorner.blogspot.com
4 years ago#2
Grenades work well.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
4 years ago#3
Can't use takedowns on them until you have heavy beatdown, which you won't have access to for a long while into the main missions.

If you're forced into closer ranges, C4, grenades, RPG, or the grenade launcher (my personal recommendation) are all good picks.

If you have a lot of distance/stealth on your side, you can slowly whittle away at them with a (optionally silenced) sniper. I advise that you kill everyone else in the area first.
4 years ago#4
Amr shot anywhere or a z93 head shot. Or like the poster above me said, grenades
For some reason when I taunt with Zero in Ultimate MvC3 he swings his Z-Saber and says:
"This....right here....is my....swag!"
4 years ago#5
Flaming arrows one-shots them.
PSN: Impaired_Medic
4 years ago#6
They are only armored in the face. A bullet to the back of the head ruins them.
simsamsalabim: I want TESVI to take place as far away from video game consoles as possible.
4 years ago#7
Personal favorite is the flamethrower. Molotovs burn em down considerably fast too.
4 years ago#8
misled_youth116 posted...
i just ran into my first heavily armored bad guys and had a heck of a time taking them out. Does anybody have any tips. I tried a stealth kill but it wouldn't let me so I'm guessing that's out.

They take a lot of punishment the first time you fight them. Unlocking skills changes that. And getting better weapons take them down fast. You can even head shot them from behind.
No man is rich enough to buy back his past - On a Enlightened Ayurvedic Herbals bottle cap
4 years ago#9
DO: use molotovs

DON'T: use your knife

when in doubt, try fire; the cure for everything. good advice in all aspects of life, not just murder simulators. ;)
4 years ago#10
Oh, yeah, and the flare gun (another favorite of mine) is a good one or two hit killer.
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. the heavies wont die

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived