Just sold it!

#1magicBart10Posted 2/12/2013 11:07:37 AM
It was a long shot for me to even try this game, but i really enjoyed it. The thing that disappoints is the end. After the end of the story, you can choose to remain playing on the island, but for what? It would make sense to have camps raided by pirates so you are alerted and have to protect the base. If its took over, then you have to retake it.

Since it doesnt, there seems no point, so it has had the eBay treatmemt.
#2zyrax2301Posted 2/12/2013 2:45:42 PM
It's pretty much just so you can finish up collecting everything you've missed. Not much fun to be had in post-game.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#3magicBart10(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 11:51:14 PM
Yeah, i guess for trophy hunters. I didnt hunt for relics or side quests. My friends could die at any second, yet all i want to do is help all these other people and find tresure and relics?

I understand the whole 'explore every inch' aspect, it just didnt work for me with this game, especially with the storyline.
#4MikeugamePosted 2/13/2013 10:19:24 PM
They should of let you redo missions like assassinations etc. Farcry 2 camps respawns the enemies every time you kill them it really got annoying at times.
---
I'm just saying
#5Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 2/18/2013 9:44:49 AM
Waitaminute, so after the story ends you can keep playing but there are no human enemies to kill?
#6kennyynnooPosted 2/18/2013 12:11:12 PM
I considered it but after re buying Just Cause 2 last year I think I will hang on to it, I have a feeling in 6 months or so I will be playing this again.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#7Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 2/18/2013 1:00:47 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
I considered it but after re buying Just Cause 2 last year I think I will hang on to it, I have a feeling in 6 months or so I will be playing this again.

I was just thinking that this game reminds me of a first person version of Just Cause 2. lol
#8ADDiiCTd2HiiMPosted 2/18/2013 6:21:37 PM
Dirk_McHardpeck posted...
Waitaminute, so after the story ends you can keep playing but there are no human enemies to kill?

New functionality has been requested, and some have suggested improvements to already existing features. So here are some of the features that can be expected in upcoming patches:

Single Player: Ability to Reset Outposts

A big part of Far Cry 3’s single player experience is taking over the outposts manned by Vaas’s pirates and Hoyt’s privateers. These outposts, when taken, offer a safe place to resupply as well as a base of operations when exploring new parts of the Rook Islands.

Taking over an outpost as a player also presents a fun challenge; everything from how to approach the outpost to what weapons and tactics to use. Hence, a lot of community members have requested to be able to ‘reset’ the outposts, so that they can be taken-over again.

http://imgur.com/dQw6jgm.jpg

Here is how it works:

• After conquering all the outposts and completing the game, the player can reset the outposts by selecting “Reset Outposts” in the gameplay options menu.
• Doing this will reset and make all Outposts hostile again. All incomplete side missions and quests will become hidden. In order to finish the incomplete side missions, you will have to retake the outposts again.
---
-CuZ ii DoNt FiiGhT OvA DiiCk..DiicK FiiGhT OvA Me-
#9Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 2/18/2013 7:12:11 PM
ADDiiCTd2HiiM posted...
Dirk_McHardpeck posted...

New functionality has been requested, and some have suggested improvements to already existing features. So here are some of the features that can be expected in upcoming patches:

Single Player: Ability to Reset Outposts

A big part of Far Cry 3’s single player experience is taking over the outposts manned by Vaas’s pirates and Hoyt’s privateers. These outposts, when taken, offer a safe place to resupply as well as a base of operations when exploring new parts of the Rook Islands.

Taking over an outpost as a player also presents a fun challenge; everything from how to approach the outpost to what weapons and tactics to use. Hence, a lot of community members have requested to be able to ‘reset’ the outposts, so that they can be taken-over again.

http://imgur.com/dQw6jgm.jpg

Here is how it works:

• After conquering all the outposts and completing the game, the player can reset the outposts by selecting “Reset Outposts” in the gameplay options menu.
• Doing this will reset and make all Outposts hostile again. All incomplete side missions and quests will become hidden. In order to finish the incomplete side missions, you will have to retake the outposts again.

IMO resetting the outposts is kinda of distracting in a sandbox game. I think Bart's idea of having camps raided by pirates so you are alerted and have to protect the base would be a better solution. If you're going to completely reset the territories that have been taken then you might as well do like other games and just let the user replay the game from the start but with all their skills and equipment from the previous run through intact.

And what about the roaming guards in vehicles seen during the story missions, are they gone too at the end?
#10magicBart10(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 6:35:36 AM
After completing the story, it didn't grip me for long and so didn't notice anymore guards driving around. Im not a big online gamer either, though it sounds like Farcry is broken anyway.

As for the idea of resetting outposts, it sounded good at first but the more i think about it, im sure it would tire quickly. The biggest aspect that gripped me was leveling up, gaining better weapons and taking over bases. Now that they are maxed out, it seems dull.

I guess it is about what sort of player you are too. Im a big GTA fan, and could play the game endlessly once the story was competed. Not necessarily doing side missions either, just driving and using my imagination. Farcry just didn't have that for me.
More topics from this board...
Far Cry 4?Krazled44/14 11:59AM