Just sold it!

#11squiggy9996999Posted 2/19/2013 7:13:34 AM
"IMO resetting the outposts is kinda of distracting in a sandbox game."

lol, yes having more options sucks, what were they thinking giving that to us?
#12fathomzPosted 2/19/2013 7:31:54 AM
i like the idea of pirates raiding. it could be like a GTA game where "gangs" try to take over your territory. the base could flash red on the map when it is getting taken over and you have to get back and save it in time or you end up losing it and having to retake it later.
---
gamefaqs mods are karmatic nazis!
psn:dank_smoker
#13Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 2/19/2013 7:40:04 AM
squiggy9996999 posted...
"IMO resetting the outposts is kinda of distracting in a sandbox game."

lol, yes having more options sucks, what were they thinking giving that to us?

Did I say that? No I didn't. More options are fine but there are better options then just resetting the outposts.
#14squiggy9996999Posted 2/19/2013 11:49:14 AM
" It would make sense to have camps raided by pirates so you are alerted and have to protect the base. If its took over, then you have to retake it."

some people like to get shot at in a shooter and even shoot back (imagine that!), otherwise this game becomes a hiking simulator. so you were fine with playing a walking simulator, but the minute those peaceful walks are threatened by action you sell the game?!
#15magicBart10(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 2:14:10 PM
Erm...I'm not sure if that's aimed at me but I'll respond anyway. I certainly didn't approach this game with the thought of a pretty stroll through the jungle as a 'hiking' game as you put it.

The first point I made was that I am not normally drawn to this sort of game, but being a GTA fan, I thought it would kill the time until release and I liked the comments made about open world and the size of the islands. I quickly learned the concept of the game and even enjoyed playing it. However, as soon as the story ended, it all fell flat and I was rather disappointed.

I am now comparing it to GTA, in the way I can still enjoy playing it even though the main story has finished. Farcry seems to only attract trophy hunters or 100% completion enthusiasts beyond the end of the story. As a casual gamer, I have no desire to play for trophies and the concept of protecting bases from pirate raids would have prolonged the game for me.
#16squiggy9996999Posted 2/19/2013 2:25:19 PM
"Did I say that? No I didn't. More options are fine but there are better options then just resetting the outposts."

maybe you are unclear on the concept of being mocked. facts are irrelevant.
#17Kashmir75Posted 2/20/2013 3:00:53 AM
My one disappointment with this game is the lack of post-game content.

They should add in a system like in GTA San Andreas, with contested outposts, that you have to retake.
#18InfiniterranPosted 2/20/2013 6:54:22 AM
magicBart10 posted...
It was a long shot for me to even try this game, but i really enjoyed it. The thing that disappoints is the end. After the end of the story, you can choose to remain playing on the island, but for what? It would make sense to have camps raided by pirates so you are alerted and have to protect the base. If its took over, then you have to retake it.

Since it doesnt, there seems no point, so it has had the eBay treatmemt.

They just announced they'll release an update to reset the outposts...

BTW you can always just have started a new game...
---
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=9515287
I want one of these
#19magicBart10(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 9:57:23 AM
I considered starting a new game, but it's the cutscenes. Don't tell me a new patch will let you skip them!

Plus I worked hard to level up, I couldn't be bothered to do it again.
#20Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 2/20/2013 10:20:19 AM
magicBart10 posted...
I considered starting a new game, but it's the cutscenes. Don't tell me a new patch will let you skip them!

Plus I worked hard to level up, I couldn't be bothered to do it again.

Seconded