Considering a bow + knife run...

#1zyrax2301Posted 2/12/2013 8:35:04 PM
Anybody done this? Is it difficult/fun?

I might play hard mode too, I want to stick to stealth as much as I can.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#2nekoda79Posted 2/13/2013 4:33:20 AM
I haven't tried that meself just because I have trouble aiming a bow+arrow at a constantly moving target. Not to mention it's also hard to kill a tough enemy or large animal quick enough before they attack & kill me. Oh & I get spotted fairly fast when attacking, hidden in cover, with a bow+arrow.
---
Hi, I'm Toonkid. Visit me at thetoonkid.com
#3Jeffdk1Posted 2/13/2013 7:14:41 AM
Are fire and explosive arrows allowed? That could help for crowd control and the heavies.
#4zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 2:09:11 PM
Absolutely. I don't think I'd even be able to kill early heavies without those.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#5Kharn99Posted 2/13/2013 8:58:08 PM
Doing it now. It's EXTREMELY fun but I feel that a pistol (or smg for the second island) is required for those missions that result in gunfights and for that odd moment that you're detected.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/chosen40k/
League of Legends = checkers DotA 2 = chess
#6HerGhostInTheFogPosted 2/15/2013 5:47:27 PM
Kharn99 posted...
Doing it now. It's EXTREMELY fun but I feel that a pistol (or smg for the second island) is required for those missions that result in gunfights and for that odd moment that you're detected.

^this. I started over for a knife and bow run. But I keep an assault rifle for giant gun fights, or when my cover is blown.
---
last.fm/user/RebelMC/
GT:RINGOOOOOOOPSN:RingoSeven
#7TheLegendaryPiePosted 2/18/2013 12:01:20 AM
I did it, its quite fun, but by the second island i got bored of it and just used weapons i didnt use before

(side note, the burning the farm mission is very fun if you just go to a hill, put fire arrows on, and shoot from a distance, no one sees anything because you are too far and they are distracted by the fire.
#8Thermador446Posted 2/18/2013 8:01:55 AM
HerGhostInTheFog posted...
Kharn99 posted...

^this. I started over for a knife and bow run. But I keep an assault rifle for giant gun fights, or when my cover is blown.

Gun fights are the least of my concern. Assault rifles are the first thing you find on enemies anyway.
Not using a gun will definitely get you killed more by wildlife than human enemies.

Hand cannon is too easy, but the Skorpion could provide both pistol & SMG benefits if necessary.

I found the 1887 to be the perfect hunting gun when I was in the mood for a challenge. Wildcats would get 1 swipe in on me , but no more on normal.

Not using guns isn't going to make you 1/100th as cool as Batman or Brock Sampson.
OSP just might make you 1/100th as cool as Solid Snake though, in a way.
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"