Skip the intro?

#1Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 2/17/2013 8:14:09 PM
Oh god please tell me that there is a way to skip the cutscenes, including the intro.
A) I don't care. Stories in games are just an excuse.
B) Games that don't allow you to skip their stories reak of conceit to me. Sorry Ubisoft but not everyone thinks your writing is awesome or gives 2 ***** about it.
C) This is a rental and if I wanted to watch a movie I would have rented one instead. You already wasted enough of my time with the updates and HDD install. I'd like to play the game now.
#2EdalborezPosted 2/17/2013 9:07:25 PM
No. Sorry. No skippable cutscenes. They're all technically ingame so it just opens the pause menu.
#3rendallioPosted 2/18/2013 8:52:00 AM
Oh no it's a gaming disaster, I have to watch 3 minutes of cutscenes to set the story, how on earth is this game getting so many good reviews when there is a story in it? Forget all the epic moments in the game, I'm never playing it again because there's cutscenes.

Seriously though, whats the point in playing through a CAMPAIGN and not caring about the story? That's like saying 'I'm going to watch a film but forget the plot, I only want to see the bits where the car explodes'. It's not even like the cutscene is dreadful in the first place.
#4Dirk_McHardpeck(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 9:41:42 AM
rendallio posted...
Oh no it's a gaming disaster, I have to watch 3 minutes of cutscenes to set the story, how on earth is this game getting so many good reviews when there is a story in it? Forget all the epic moments in the game, I'm never playing it again because there's cutscenes.

Seriously though, whats the point in playing through a CAMPAIGN and not caring about the story? That's like saying 'I'm going to watch a film but forget the plot, I only want to see the bits where the car explodes'. It's not even like the cutscene is dreadful in the first place.

Because it's not a film.
It's a video game.
In the first hour of play through I got to go on only two missions. The first mission was to kill some pigs and collect some flowers and the second one was to overrun an enemy camp. The rest of that hour was spent listening to Dennis tell me about my tattoos and ****.
And yes the cut scenes are pretty terrible IMO.
#5gh4chiefsPosted 2/18/2013 7:33:11 PM
I feel your pain Dirk. I LOVE this game, but the actual missions are by far the weakest part of the game. In fact so far, the missions I've been on have mostly been about watching cutscenes with very little user input.
#63v1LR0n1NPosted 2/18/2013 9:05:27 PM
this is just my opinion:
I have to completely dissagree. stories are what makes a games to me, then its gameplay, and in my opinion this game is GOTY with both. and besides if you come into a story based games like Far Cry 3 or Max Payne 3 just to play..... then whats the point? to shoot things?..... then just go play this online, play CoD, or BF3 or heck any online game (doesnt have to be a shooter) that doesnt have a story...

but to each his own. and I will respect your opinion and back off that subject.... so lets pretend it didnt happen and move on....

no you can't skip cutscenes... i dont see why you would to be honest especially since its is the whole point of single player, as well as Coop is to play through the story....
---
-theRoninNamed47 (PSN) DatGi47(XBL) 7th_samura1 (Steam)
#73v1LR0n1NPosted 2/18/2013 9:11:35 PM
3v1LR0n1N posted...
this is just my opinion:
I have to completely dissagree. stories are what makes a games to me, then its gameplay, and in my opinion this game is GOTY with both. and besides if you come into a story based games like Far Cry 3 or Max Payne 3 just to play..... then whats the point? to shoot things?..... then just go play this online, play CoD, or BF3 or heck any online game (doesnt have to be a shooter) that doesnt have a story...

but to each his own. and I will respect your opinion and back off that subject.... so lets pretend it didnt happen and move on....

no you can't skip cutscenes... i dont see why you would to be honest especially since its is the whole point of single player, as well as Coop is to play through the story....

btw if you were trolling........ you have succeeded with trolling me -_-
---
-theRoninNamed47 (PSN) DatGi47(XBL) 7th_samura1 (Steam)