So why did they skydive in such a disorganized fashion in the first place?

#1CapoMafiaPosted 3/4/2013 5:24:42 PM
Apparently they knew nothing about the island, didn't select a landing zone, and had no plan to get off the island? Why didn't the pilot alert someone that his clients just kinda disappeared over an inhabited island? Is any of this addressed in the game somewhere?
---
#swag #YOLO #onlygodcanjudgeme
#2BigDong382Posted 3/4/2013 6:13:39 PM
Being from California and knowing a lot of people like the kids in the main story, A lot of rich white kids do very stupid stuff without thinking of the consequences of their actions.
---
PSN: Dalien
#3EremyndilPosted 3/5/2013 1:04:49 AM
CapoMafia posted...
Apparently they knew nothing about the island, didn't select a landing zone, and had no plan to get off the island? Why didn't the pilot alert someone that his clients just kinda disappeared over an inhabited island? Is any of this addressed in the game somewhere?

There is a part in the story (during a flashback) that answers your questions.
---
2005: Console gamers (the early adopters) become pay-to-play game testers for bugs & glitches.
Stanley Woo: "we, BioWare, don't owe you a patch"
#4squiggy9996999Posted 3/5/2013 2:00:14 PM
^yeah but they had a marine with them, who cannot have graduated without learning about concepts such as "Exit strategy!", right? i mean he's a soldier, not some war dodging president, right? we'll just have to assume its a plot hole. compared to any nolan batman movie there's still a ton less plot holes in this game! :P
#5gphjr14Posted 3/6/2013 10:47:59 AM
Actually Jason's brother was in the Army and in the Handbook it says Army Reserves, so yeah...
---
wiggity wham wham wozzle
#6Red_JesterPosted 3/6/2013 11:25:58 AM
I never understood that either. Why would you go to an island where you're told that you have to skydive in? If you had to skydive in, then how the hell are you going to make it off the island? Why not ask questions about an island "where you can do anything?" Sounds like the kind of island where... drugs, prostitution and a black market thrives. If they aren't planning to do any of that "anything," then why the hell go?
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.