Anyone have trouble with the purchased maps NOT showing ALL relics, letters, SD

#1gh4chiefsPosted 3/8/2013 10:22:04 PM
I've pretty much beat this game except for the last couple of story missions. I wanted to wind up all my collections before I finally finish the story. I've purchased ALL the maps for all of both islands. But I'm having trouble with stuff not showing up on the maps. I used a Prima guide that helped me find the last memory card (somehow I overlooked it) and the last two lost letters which were definitely NOT showing on my purchased maps.

So now I'm down to my last 8 or so relics and the Prima guide's description for many of them is pretty vague on where stuff is and I'm struggling to find the last few. I'm curious if anyone else has had this apparent glitch in the maps? And if so, were you able to do anything to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
#2_Itachi_Uchiha_Posted 3/9/2013 5:14:48 AM
Are you zoomed out too much?

And PS, some icons are pretty tough to see because they may be overlapping with other icons.

I relied 100% on the maps to get every item and I have 100% completion in the game.
---
Snuggle bunny swag.
#3gh4chiefs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 6:00:26 AM
I've tried several different levels of zoom and I can't get the missing ones to show up. I know they're not showing up because one of the missing ones was out in a lake and the icon didn't popup on the map until I got close to it, and then it showed up and it was VERY easy to see on the map. So I didn't just miss it, it just wasn't there.

As best I can tell, all the missing items are on the south island. The problem with the Prima guide relative to the relics, is that it's doesn't show them on a map, it simply gives a description of how to get to them and not where they are.
#4_Itachi_Uchiha_Posted 3/9/2013 6:08:22 AM
And you're sure you have all the item and loot maps for both islands?

I mean I've never had that problem. I picked up literally every relic, letter, memory card, and loot on the map. All I did was buy all the maps and set waypoints to each and every item and went to them.
---
Snuggle bunny swag.
#5gh4chiefs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 6:40:45 AM
Yes I'm sure I have all the maps. I guess I've just got a glitched game. All in all, its been relatively glitch free (single player campaign) but I've noticed since I've moved to the South Island I've had a few more problems show up here and there.
#6gh4chiefs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 6:54:10 AM
I stand corrected on the Prima guide, they do have a master map that's cross referenced to the missing relic #. So I think I can find them now.
#7gh4chiefs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 7:04:05 AM
I just picked up relic 48, (Shark 18) that was at the end of the mine tunnel north of the North Krige Crest outpost. That absolutely positively did NOT show up on my map UNTIL I actually went in the mine shaft and got a few feet away from it. So my maps, for whatever reason, are definitely not working 100%.
#8_Itachi_Uchiha_Posted 3/9/2013 7:43:32 AM
That's odd. I mean I guess I was a bit skeptical because that's never happened to me but sometimes games are just buggy for some and others don't experience it.

I have had some other weird issues though- one time I jumped off a hill and deployed my wingsuit and I suddenly was freefalling outside of the map or something. Couldn't get out until I fast traveled somewhere else. Also found a spot that I got stuck in (there's a cliff wall and at the base is a metal door that I couldn't seem to open so I tried to look for another way in from the top of the cliff (above the door). I jumped down and was stuck in a space between the rocks and like, some metal sheet.
---
Snuggle bunny swag.
#9gh4chiefs(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 9:31:32 AM
Yeah just a bug I guess. I had another one with a loot chest on the north island. Stuff happens from time to time. In any event, I now have everything and I'm in the process of finishing up the story. thanks for your help.
#10TaeocPosted 3/12/2013 11:12:01 AM
I didn't have any problem with the relics, etc all showing up on the south island, but when I bought the first two maps they showed me the loot items and not the relics which was a bit odd.