questions about post-game [possible spoilers]

#1ZeroJinKuiPosted 3/19/2013 2:57:05 PM
looking around on here, i found a topic mentioning a "reset outpost" option that becomes available after beating the storyline and clearing out all the outposts... is this to help us getting enough skill points for unlocking all the skills?

can i reset the outposts as often as i want?

also, do we get to keep our privateer disguise after beating the story?

if so, does being a privateer protect us from the pirates, as well, considering they were working with the privateers?

im only nine missions from the end of the game... and have eight more outposts to clear out.

i still need 17 skills before im done with them... and i only have 8 points, im mostly killing privateers on the roads and on dirt paths to get more points, cause i was hoping to get them all before i beat the story... but since i can reset outposts afterwards, i might just move on with the game.
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#2gphjr14Posted 3/19/2013 8:18:50 PM
Clearing out post and doing unique kills will gain you a lot of XP.
Doing most of the Assassin missions and some of the hunting missions gave me enough to max out my skills.
Though for the last one you have to do 3 of those medical delivery missions.

I haven't reset my outpost but my understanding is it turns the map area back to red blocking all the side quest, additionally after you beat the game AND free all the out post there's still a cove that has pirates and an airport that has mercenaries they both will attack on site since after your cover is blown everyone knows who you are again.

Also collecting the little Idols will give XP.

The hunting missions are pretty, just collect plenty of amber leaves and craft the hunting syringe that makes animals ignore you, and they'll never attack not even the legendary animals that will craft the final pouches.
---
wiggity wham wham wozzle
#3ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:33:21 AM
i have all the skills unlocked, i just need the experience points to learn them.

i guess i'll just run around and do a few side quests after clearing out the rest of the outposts.

...i do have one more question, though, what do the "story missions" have to do with anything?

they're side quests... but they're called "story" missions... theres only a handful of them, it looks like.

doesnt seem to be any reward for doing them, either... so what are they for?
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#4gphjr14Posted 3/20/2013 3:40:56 PM
They really have no bearing on the main story I platinumed the game without doing all of them.

There's one mission one the second island (the small town with mercenaries) that requires you to gamble. I hate poker and to get the poker bully trophy I read during this mission you keep going all in on your bet and you'll win eventually. I got it my first try.

Additionally there's a side mission where a guy keeps asking you to collect herbs for his medicine and after about 3 trips you get a new syringe recipe.
---
wiggity wham wham wozzle