About Buck... (Spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. About Buck... (Spoilers)

User Info: AuronDF

AuronDF
3 years ago#1
Near the end of the Buck quest line it occurred to me: Is Buck real?

Think about it. He shows up after nearly every quest in places he shouldn't have known Jason was. He has a big buck tattooed on his chest in a style that reminded me of a spirit guide. He never physically interacts with Jason aside from the knife fight at the end, and the last fight with him seemed like a hallucination. Furthermore, Keith never says anything about Buck, nor ever refers to him. (As far as I know, I haven't finished the game yet.)

His way of taunting Jason and always knowing where he would be next seemed unnatural. And there's also no reason Jason shouldn't/wouldn't have just shot him right before the knife fight.

What do you think of this?
"You said it yourself, Kain - there are only two sides to your coin..." -Raziel
http://implicateevolution.com

User Info: YoMomma

YoMomma
3 years ago#2
If he isn't real, then who beat the hell outta keith?
;-Q

User Info: ken02040608

ken02040608
3 years ago#3
He explains at one point that he has a GPS on you (after you get the second to last peice) also the CIA guy throws any notion that "its all in your head " out the window.
A signature? Please!...Aint nobody got time for that!

User Info: jadepheonix

jadepheonix
3 years ago#4
Keith did make one reference to Buck after the boss fight, asking if Jason was sure he was dead. And I can imagine, after what he's been through, Keith doesn't even want to think about Buck, let alone talk about him.
--------------------------------

User Info: AuronDF

AuronDF
3 years ago#5
Buck never says that he planted a GPS on you- Jason does. And Buck neither confirms or denies it. Keith does ask if he's dead though...
"You said it yourself, Kain - there are only two sides to your coin..." -Raziel
http://implicateevolution.com

User Info: Eedrah

Eedrah
3 years ago#6
His namw is Buck, and he loves to f.......
  1. Boards
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. About Buck... (Spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived