questions from a new player.

#1drclaeysPosted 4/1/2013 5:28:29 AM
Friends,

I Started this game over the weekend. Its been a long time since I threw my controller, but this had me give it a little side toss, after I died like the 10 time. Here is a list of quests, numbered. Thank you in advance.

1. Map. is there a map online that shows outposts or something. I do a google search, and all I get is map editior.

2. outposts. if I can not get a map, do you have a trick to finding them?

3. Safest way to travel. on the road I get shot, in the jungle I get eaten, if I swim, I get attacked. I almost feel its safest to get shot, then eaten. what is the best way to travel?

4. armor. I did get it in the ship. Of course that got shot off in like 20 seconds. And I bought one, and thats gone. how do we get more armor?

5. Best guns for people that SUCK at aiming. I have played ME1, ME2, and ME3, fallout 3, New Vegas, even Read Dead Redem. I find this game very hard. do any guns like auto aim, or are good for this?

6. Tigers and sharks. Any tips to not get eaten. running does not work.

7. Killing Sharks. I need there skins to make alot of stuff. one came close to shore, in shallow water, and I shot it, But IM thinking, that was luck. Any tips and tricks for sharks.

8. Truck with mounted Machine gun. how do you kill this guy, with out getting killed your self?? with just a normal gun.

Thank you.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
Signed up for a 13.1 mile (21 KM ) half marathon on May 5th. Wish me luck!
#2x-DeOxy-xPosted 4/1/2013 7:56:37 AM
1. Press Select, it brings up the map
2. See 1.
3. I'd say a mix of all three.
4. Keep buying it at the shop, its under Consumables
5. Ak-47 is easy to use, but its up to you, activate all the radio towers so you'll get free guns.
6. Avoid them until you get better firepower.
7. See 6.
8. Shoot him in the head.
Hope that helps
---
"I'll buy you a drink in Hell boy!" - Old man, seconds before detonating a bomb
#3EedrahPosted 4/1/2013 8:27:02 AM(edited)
Outposts show up on the map as red flags, even if you haven't revealed a section on the map. To reveal more sections of the map, you need to climb radio towers, this also unlocks more free weapons....

Safest way to travel is by car, if you encounter enemies, either try to run them over or just keep driving...

Tigers, just try to avoid them, but if you have to take them out, try using a rocket launcher or a grenade...

Sharks, try hunting them on a boat...

Enemies/aiming etc, just try to be more stealthy, get a gun with a silencer, crouch in a bush, throw rocks, and try not to be detected...
#4DuneManPosted 4/1/2013 4:33:48 PM
1. As mentioned, there's an in-game map. It lists all outposts and radio towers with icons. You can also buy maps at stores that show other items like Relics and Lost Letters, as well as maps that show all Loot Chests within a region.

2. In addition to outposts showing up on the map, you can identify them visually from far away by looking for plumes of black smoke rising into the sky.

3. Before you unlock radio towers or outposts in an area it is best to click on one on your map to create an icon onscreen for it, as well as a distance reading. Just drive on the main roads without stopping for anything until you get within 200 meters or so, then bail out and hoof it through the jungle. CROUCH! This not only keeps pirates from noticing you, but wildlife is far more forgiving of your presence. I've sniped out an entire outpost before with a tiger about 15 meters away, on the ground and licking its paws because I crouched on approach. You can also use syringes to get beneficial effects like animal repellent, which keeps all land animals from attacking you first.

4. Buy it in shops under Consumables for $200. Purchasing 3 of them allows you to unlock a perk that makes them last longer. It's definitely a good idea to purchase these before going into pirate infested areas. There is quite a noticeable difference in damage received while wearing armor.

5. If you need some help aiming, try an SMG. They tend to have low recoil. If you don't mind the noise attracting enemies, try an MP5 SMG modded with a Red Dot Scope and Extended Magazine. Put the dot on an enemy and fire multiple bursts at them and they'll die.

6. Again, try crouching, or using the animal repellent syringe(for land animals). If that fails, get the flamethrower or use some molotov cocktails. Animals fear fire, and even tough animals like bears will drop pretty quickly if you roast them with a solid 2 second burst from the flamethrower.

7. Pick a fast travel location on the beach with sharks nearby. IIRC Valsa Docks north of Amanaki Village where you start has a short pier with 1-2 sharks that can appear nearby. It's pretty easy to shoot them when they get near the surface. The trick then is diving down for their skins.

8. Mounted gunners? If you lack grenades/molotovs to either destroy the vehicle or burn him out, then take to the bush and try flanking him. Barring that, purchase a LMG and just let a few dozen rounds rip into the engine block of the vehicle and it should explode.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#5BillysanPosted 4/2/2013 2:18:15 AM
With aiming,(assuming you have aim assist on) When you tap L1 close to an animal or enemy it will draw the cross hair right on top of animal/enemy.

You can get away with snipping and stealth knifing a lot of enemies in this game though if you don't like shoot outs.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#6drclaeys(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 4:48:09 AM
Friends,

Thank you for that great advice, and informative posts.

I did a search on sharks, and it seems lots of advice on these. I guess I thought I had to be in the water to fight them, with a knife somehow.

The more I play the better I get. So im not dieing so much.

again, thank you for your great advice.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
Signed up for a 13.1 mile (21 KM ) half marathon on May 5th. Wish me luck!