Blood Dragon Does Not Require FC3

#1ElBorak77Posted 4/8/2013 12:14:22 AM
"Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is THE Kick-Ass Cyber Shooter taking place on a bizarre open-world island crawling with evil. Welcome to an 80’s VHS vision of the future. The year is 2007 and you are Sargent Rex Colt, a Mark IV Cyber Commando who’s fighting against a cyborg army gone rogue. Your mission: get the girl, kill the baddies, and save the world. Experience every cliché of a VHS era vision of a nuclear future, where cyborgs, blood dragons, mutants, and Michael Biehn (Terminator, Aliens, Navy Seals) collide. Playing Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon doesn't require a copy of Far Cry 3."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/05/far-cry-3-blood-dragon-screens-leak-online
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#27ettusPosted 4/8/2013 1:36:54 PM
holy crap it's standalone? cooool
---
FORCE: Upsetting Rape Culture
http://www.upsettingrapeculture.com/rapeculture.html
#3KalabamPosted 4/8/2013 3:35:37 PM
Even tho I gots FC3 I think its cool to make it a standalone. More companies should do this, I might sample more games if I could try a $5 or $10 DLC before committing to a $60 game.
#4TheRealPhattyJPosted 4/9/2013 4:25:39 AM
That's what EVERY leak about it has said. Stand alone game. Are the users here really this DENSE?!?!
#5HerGhostInTheFogPosted 4/9/2013 11:23:34 AM
Only thing I don't get right now, is if it's standalone, why isn't it just called Far Cry: Blood Dragon?

If it doesn't have anything to do with FC3, why does it have 3 in the title?
---
last.fm/user/RebelMC/
GT:RINGOOOOOOOPSN:RingoSeven
#6KalabamPosted 4/9/2013 11:36:40 AM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
That's what EVERY leak about it has said. Stand alone game. Are the users here really this DENSE?!?!

Nobody said we were confused about it, just happy.
#7FreakyFrancPosted 4/10/2013 12:12:10 AM
HerGhostInTheFog posted...
Only thing I don't get right now, is if it's standalone, why isn't it just called Far Cry: Blood Dragon?

Maybe because it use the same gameplay mechanics as Far Cry 3 and the same game engine.
#8TheRealPhattyJPosted 4/10/2013 4:47:45 AM
HerGhostInTheFog posted...

Marketing. Every internet search of Far Cry 3 brings it up, that alone will push sales. They did the same thing with The Ballad of Gay Tony and Adventures in Liberty City after GTAIV came out.
#9TheRealPhattyJPosted 4/10/2013 4:50:30 AM
Kalabam posted...
TheRealPhattyJ posted...

Look at all the topics about it and posts....in general people still have no idea that it's real or a seperate game despite leaks starting in March and every article verifying the same facts. I'd say that makes them fairly dense. There's even a new topic from today..."If FC3: Blood Dragon is real..."

Reading comprehension seems to be vastly under rated in modern society.
#10KalabamPosted 4/10/2013 9:42:56 AM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
Kalabam posted...
TheRealPhattyJ posted...

Look at all the topics about it and posts....in general people still have no idea that it's real or a seperate game despite leaks starting in March and every article verifying the same facts. I'd say that makes them fairly dense. There's even a new topic from today..."If FC3: Blood Dragon is real..."

Reading comprehension seems to be vastly under rated in modern society.

Ah, I getcha now. I actually thought you were talking about the people in this particular thread. Now I understang that you are talking about the people of the forum as a whole. I guess that speaks of MY lack of reading comprehension :-)