Second Island question, Merc outfit and outposts ( spoilers )

#1drclaeysPosted 4/9/2013 5:16:14 AM
Friends,

( spoilers )

I got to the second island. I got the merc outfit, so I can blend in? My question, if I start going around killing people, or taking outposts, like on the first island, will I totally turn "bad" and this outfit will not work anymore? IM afraid to mess up the game, by trying to take outposts on the second island.

How should I approach the game, in open world mode, on the second island??

Thank you.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
Signed up for a 13.1 mile (21 KM ) half marathon on May 5th. Wish me luck!
#2TheRealPhattyJPosted 4/9/2013 5:23:21 AM
If they see you perpetrating violence on other mercs, they'll attack you. Otherwise they won't, unless you enter the reddened areas on the map.
#3drclaeys(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 12:25:33 PM
Friends,

( spoilers )

so I can enter the red areas without hiding, tag all the people with my camera.. just walking around close to them. ?? THEN go up on the hill, hide, and start shooting?? with my sniper riffle and muffler on it.

or, once I get in that red area or ring, everyone shoots at me, no matter whether im bad to them or not?

And radio towers.. can I climb them, and not worry about getting shot at?

should I do all the stuff I can while I have this merq suit on, will it make the game easier?

Thank you for your input and advice.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#4DEADTERMINATOR9Posted 4/9/2013 11:51:26 PM
You cannot enter red areas, merc suit or not, they will attack. However, you can stand on the border of the red area and tag all the enemies then go up to a hill and shoot everyone. Or you can use this to easily enter outposts areas stealthy since you can get really close before actually have to hide. The outposts on the second island are ridiculously easy as a result.

The merc suit is never permanently tainted. If you gain merc aggro at any point, just lose it or kill everyone to make the alarm go away (like on the first island), and you can go back to walking among them.

Once you have the merc suit, I don't believe it is ever taken away from you. You can't even change out of it.

Yes, you can climb radio towers without worry of being attacked. But when are you ever attacked while climbing a radio tower?
#5FreakyFrancPosted 4/10/2013 1:10:36 AM
DEADTERMINATOR9 posted...
You cannot enter red areas, merc suit or not, they will attack. However, you can stand on the border of the red area and tag all the enemies then go up to a hill and shoot everyone. Or you can use this to easily enter outposts areas stealthy since you can get really close before actually have to hide. The outposts on the second island are ridiculously easy as a result.

The merc suit is never permanently tainted. If you gain merc aggro at any point, just lose it or kill everyone to make the alarm go away (like on the first island), and you can go back to walking among them.

Once you have the merc suit, I don't believe it is ever taken away from you. You can't even change out of it.

Yes, you can climb radio towers without worry of being attacked. But when are you ever attacked while climbing a radio tower?

Until you finish the 2nd island,then you go back to the blue shirt.
#6TheRealPhattyJPosted 4/10/2013 7:11:38 AM
DEADTERMINATOR9 posted...

That's actually happened a few times to me. If there be pirates near-by, and they see you on the tower, they will start shooting and generally a Jeep or 2 shows up. They make such lovely RPG targets from that high up ;)
#7drclaeys(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 7:18:56 AM
Friends,

Thank you for the great advice. Yes I see the red zones, and if you go in them, they say they are restricted, and you will get attacked, But the zone limits are close to the outposts themselves. so you can use your camera and go around them in a 360 and see everything.

I did get too close, but I was behind a hill, so the outpost guys did not see me, but I was standing on a road, so a truck with guys saw me, and pull aggro, and I was in a shoot out with them, then the outpost got all upset, and called reinforcements, and 2 helicopters came. It was kinda of a mess.

I have been attacked on the first island, on a tower. I must have been to low, and not hiding, and they drove up in a truck.

Again, thank you.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.