Confused about Skinning Sharks

#1tzerianPosted 4/16/2013 1:51:47 PM
Hello,

I am wondering, Is there a special weapon/ammo I have to use to kill sharks for their skins, or do i have to kill them while in the water myself?

I have been sniping bull sharks that were swimming between mainland and a small island not far out, but by the time I swam out to skin them they were gone.

I have also tried running them over with boats and jet skis...and immediately stopping/turning around to get a fix on their bodies, but nothing, they are nowhere to be found.

What am I doing wrong? how do I make it so their corpses are available for skinning?

Thanks to any and all help on this.
#2o0o_Shadow_o0oPosted 4/16/2013 1:59:30 PM
I have done it by drawing them closer to the shallow waters then shooting them with my gun and quickly jump in the water to skin them. They do disappear rather fast so it's easier if they are close to the shore.
#3MegamanXfan21xxPosted 4/16/2013 9:15:42 PM
Their bodies sink when they're killed. If you want to skin one, you have to dive down after it.
---
Number of people who like Poets of the Fall: 11
Ignorance spreads conformity.
#4ducksfan11222Posted 4/16/2013 10:42:40 PM
Throw grenades in the water.
---
awoooga
#5drclaeysPosted 4/17/2013 3:55:24 AM
Friends,

yes this is a baffle for a first time Player. I thought I had to jump in there with a knife... well you dont.

Sharks just sink to the bottom when dead. if you are killing them in deep water, they are very far down. PLUS water has currents. so they dont drift straight down, they go two one side or the other.

Put sharks in the search box at the bottom, and you will see 20+ threads on those damn things. everyone has problems with them.

I use a much BIGGER boat. ..so I can stand in the back. and get into shallow water..so they dont float down so far.

I have also used the machine gun on boats... if I kill one, I go in like 360 degrees.. shooting..so when I swim down..OTHER sharks dont attack me.

You only need like 4 or 5 or 6 skins... not like 50.... so its very do-able, even for a clod like me.

Enjoy.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
Signed up for a 13.1 mile (21 KM ) half marathon on May 5th. Wish me luck!
#6TheRealPhattyJPosted 4/18/2013 7:59:47 AM
I just run 'em over with a jet ski...manatee style kung fu ;)
#7zooknutPosted 4/18/2013 8:44:40 AM
i wait till they get as close as possible to the shore and then fire away...I spend very little time in the water
#8Dirk_McHardpeckPosted 4/18/2013 7:10:22 PM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
I just run 'em over with a jet ski...manatee style kung fu ;)

This ^

Just charge at them, when you hear the thud just stop the jet ski and dive over the side, your prize will be waiting at the bottom.
#9sjgphotoDOTcomPosted 4/19/2013 2:27:58 AM
tzerian posted...
Hello,

I am wondering, Is there a special weapon/ammo I have to use to kill sharks for their skins, or do i have to kill them while in the water myself?

Bow & Arrow works best. 2 shots. Plus, you can recover the arrow when skinning.
---
Scott G.
#10Thermador446Posted 4/22/2013 1:35:35 AM
Hand cannon to the snout.
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"