So the ending *spoilers*

#1UnknownWinPosted 4/27/2013 2:45:51 AM
When Jason save his friends, he come back to California with them, right?
Also, Who the hell would choose to kill his friends?
#2Bigbor3Posted 5/1/2013 1:22:06 PM
me....
#3UnknownWin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 1:23:15 PM
me....

Why.
#4sw00p_0nePosted 5/1/2013 2:17:57 PM
Why not?
---
"This is the internet, where men are men, women are men, and 16 year old girls are FBI agents."
#5UnknownWin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 2:23:46 PM
Why kill the reason you put your life on the line?
#6sw00p_0nePosted 5/1/2013 3:47:54 PM
Jason Brody left the island but he was a different person than when he arrived there. He went from being an ordinary young idiot to a fearless warrior. This is just the deep answer. Long story short, because you can... because you have the option. Pick one.
---
"This is the internet, where men are men, women are men, and 16 year old girls are FBI agents."
#7drclaeysPosted 5/2/2013 6:14:55 AM
Friends,

( spoilers ).

yes, that ending is nuts. its like they ran out of time and out of budget.. the writer got fired, and just some programmers came up with what was easiest. and bingo... Here is the end... get this puppy to the QA department.

they put so much work into that Vass or Voss guy. The first island bad guy. I loved him. Then the ending drops off a cliff.

so much of this game was GREAT!!!! and the ending just died.

Why would you love this girl, you spend like 3 whole minutes with.... because she shows you her rack in some drug induced dream!!!. I have those EVERY night, no big deal.

Ending hurt the game. I know its not an rpg, but for like 70% of the game, they had a great idea and story going.

Thank you for sharing.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
Signed up for a 13.1 mile (21 KM ) half marathon on May 5th. Wish me luck!
#8DuneManPosted 5/2/2013 11:55:38 AM
I'll re-post my thoughts from another topic:

Yeah, the second half to the game is a lot weaker than the first. Vaas probably should have been the main pivotal moment of the game, before the ending choice with Citra. It helps to remember that Vaas went through the same sort of influences from Citra but decided against trying to fulfill her god complex. Jason's basically a fallback guy.

It's very ironic that she blames Hoyt for luring Vaas away with drugs, when she's basically doing the same thing: first with Vaas and then with Jason. Vaas seemed rather pissed about being told that he has to choose. While he is a psycho-maniac, there's logic behind his choices as well. He seems to be warning Jason in a way when he compares the Rakyat to rats doing Citra's bidding, leaving him to take care of the vermin problem.

In order for the second half the game to work you really have to go along with the idea that Citra's influence has taken hold and Jason is buying into this idea of being the Warrior. Sadly the writing doesn't hold up that well. There's a single phone call from Dennis on the second island that basically foreshadows the end of the game in a few simple sentences. Compared to the Vaas sequences, though, it's so stilted and lame that most people probably put it out of their minds until a second playthrough.

So basically in the 'good' ending Jason avoids the trap that Vaas fell into. He recognizes that he's been forever changed by the experience, but he managed to come back from the brink. After seeing the Citra end... well, lets just say I don't feel bad about what happens to her in the first ending. :P

---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#9MEFreak1984Posted 5/2/2013 1:50:42 PM
DuneMan posted...
I'll re-post my thoughts from another topic:

Yeah, the second half to the game is a lot weaker than the first. Vaas probably should have been the main pivotal moment of the game, before the ending choice with Citra. It helps to remember that Vaas went through the same sort of influences from Citra but decided against trying to fulfill her god complex. Jason's basically a fallback guy.

It's very ironic that she blames Hoyt for luring Vaas away with drugs, when she's basically doing the same thing: first with Vaas and then with Jason. Vaas seemed rather pissed about being told that he has to choose. While he is a psycho-maniac, there's logic behind his choices as well. He seems to be warning Jason in a way when he compares the Rakyat to rats doing Citra's bidding, leaving him to take care of the vermin problem.

In order for the second half the game to work you really have to go along with the idea that Citra's influence has taken hold and Jason is buying into this idea of being the Warrior. Sadly the writing doesn't hold up that well. There's a single phone call from Dennis on the second island that basically foreshadows the end of the game in a few simple sentences. Compared to the Vaas sequences, though, it's so stilted and lame that most people probably put it out of their minds until a second playthrough.

So basically in the 'good' ending Jason avoids the trap that Vaas fell into. He recognizes that he's been forever changed by the experience, but he managed to come back from the brink. After seeing the Citra end... well, lets just say I don't feel bad about what happens to her in the first ending. :P

I never thought to look at Vaas that way. I never felt bad for Citra either. Hopefully there will be a future DLC where the Army goes through and wipes the remaining Rakyat off the face of the world. Good Riddance.
---
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks"
#10xmenPosted 5/2/2013 10:27:24 PM
hey doctor,

if we are really your "friends" as you address us in all your posts, can you please prescribe us some of what you're taking so we can have drug induced dreams like you do every night?

We would appreciate that very much.

Your friends,

gamefaq users
More topics from this board...
Far Cry 4?Krazled44/14 11:59AM