I came back last week after a long hiatus of playing and noticed..

#1zombiehunting84Posted 5/3/2013 9:41:06 AM
I noticed there is an option now to reset the posts. What does that mean, that all the posts i liberated are back in enemy hands? Why in the world would i want to do that and why would i want to give up my fast travel points? I dont really get the point here unless thats not what it does.
---
PSN: ThePixies Windows Live ID: ThePixies84
#2MegamanXfan21xxPosted 5/3/2013 1:14:30 PM
It gives you something to do after you've beaten the game.
---
Number of people who like Poets of the Fall: 11
When you're free to choose, but the choices leave you lost.
#3TIE543Posted 5/3/2013 5:25:03 PM
MegamanXfan21xx posted...

---
GameFAQs deleted my sig ;_;
Here's my gun collection: http://tinyurl.com/d9pvj95
#4FreakyFrancPosted 5/3/2013 5:32:56 PM
Peoples complained that there was pretty much nothing to do after beating the game (after doing everything,side misssions included.)and that there isnt many ennemies left on the islands except a fews specific locations.

Peoples also wanted to try fighting ennemies with their full unlocked skill trees and all their unlocked weapons.

So in the end they added an reset outposts option so that peoples can still play around by killing ennemies again but this time with their unlocked abilities and weapons.
#5bongobreakPosted 5/3/2013 7:20:31 PM
Yeah, for once they (UBI) listened!

In FC2 people complained that the outposts respawned and made travel very difficult.

So they made FC3 have outposts that didn't respawn, and guess what?...yep, people complained that the game was dull when completed!
So they put in the option to reset them.

Personally I love the reset option - it's what has kept me playing it all this time - there are so many different ways to tackle them.

:-)
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
#6zombiehunting84(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 8:48:21 AM

Why not just....start a new game which gives you even MORE?
---
PSN: ThePixies Windows Live ID: ThePixies84
#7EedrahPosted 5/7/2013 9:09:57 AM
It's optional....
#8bongobreakPosted 5/7/2013 10:19:15 AM
Also it allows us to tackle the outposts in a variety of ways because we have all the weapons available - we don't have to earn them all over again.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
#9DuneManPosted 5/9/2013 1:42:11 AM
zombiehunting84 posted...

Why not just....start a new game which gives you even MORE?

Because to a lot of people, not you perhaps, taking over outposts was one of the funnest things in the game. There is a certain chaotic randomness to each outpost such that each take over can be quite different.

As for starting over, you'd lose all of your skills.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#10highwindmtPosted 5/16/2013 5:52:22 PM
Plus I know of at least one skill that is unlocked by silently taking over 2 posts. Those that didnt do that can reset and try again.
---
PSN: insane_method
GT: FozzieBearr