Need advice

#1cr00mPosted 5/3/2013 1:33:20 PM
I've been playing this game for a few hours now, and i need some help or tips/advice. So far i am having a very bad time with the game, and i was wondering for people who have finished if the game changes anything later?

My main problem is that for a open world game, there seems to be very little to actually do. I am only at the beginning so what i have to do is, Outposts, hunting animals and taking over Radio towers. Later in the game, is there anything else to do?
#2GoatJugSoupPosted 5/3/2013 2:30:21 PM
there are also wanted dead missions, path of the hunter, supply drops, story quests (surprisingly by the name they are NOT the main missions) and a tonne of collectibles.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken
#3bongobreakPosted 5/3/2013 6:38:25 PM
^This^.

Also, you must make it a priority to hunt the specific animals to upgrade your kit aswell - holsters, bandoliers etc., this will take you all over the islands, and will make your time in the wilderness a whole lot less stressful! lol

There are also the Trial of the Rakyat missions - these are timed, survival side missions.

Also there's a ton of unlockables like special takedown skills, weapons and weapon modifications etc.. not to mention the signature weapons which are all super awesome.

The co-op mode is brilliant fun if you hook up with some friends, and don't forget the map editor - great for your creative side if you're into that sort of thing.

Finally, the main story missions are really well crafted with some very memorable and intriguing characters.

It's early days for you, don't worry, there will be plenty for you to do as the game unfolds.

:-)
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
#4comftblynumbPosted 5/4/2013 1:55:55 AM
theres quite a lot to do if you do everything you can as you move through the islands to your main objectives, but really if you take all the side missions and did them in one fell swoop its only a few hours maybe worth of content.

the collectibles take a while to complete because some of them are annoying to figure out how to get to and there are a lot. hunting animals for your gear upgrades is too easy but at least they incorporated the final upgrades into the hunter quests.

taking outposts is the real meat of the game and eventually you will have the option to reset them all and do it again as many times as you please.
#5cr00m(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 10:58:55 AM
Is it possible to buy upgrades instead of crafting? Is it possible to buy new bags and such? I find the hunting pretty damn tedious and I am always at max cash. I do not know if this is a option since i have not progressed the main story much. Perhaps further in it is possible?
#6bongobreakPosted 5/4/2013 5:58:04 PM
Without giving away more than has been already, you will be able to increase your wallet size too by....yes, you guessed it, hunting specific animals - it may seem tedious, but it's worth doing as early as possible so you can max out on ammo, cash and other items etc.

Unfortunately you cannot upgrade your carrying gear with money - only animal skins.

The money you earn by trading stuff is for buying new weapons, weapon upgrades and ammo - you will always need to be buying a lot of ammo.

Also, I will echo what comftblynumb said about the reset outpost option once the main story is complete. This is a really great option that UBI added (due mainly to pressure from gamers as the game stalled once completed) and imo increases the re-playability immensely.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
#7cr00m(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 7:27:08 AM(edited)
Can you buy skins from a vendor? Or get them through quests?
#8bongobreakPosted 5/6/2013 8:15:53 AM
No, unfortunately not.

You have to hunt the specific animals for their skins.

Once you have upgraded your kit, however, you won't ever have to hunt any more animals - something for you to look forward to I feel :P

:-)
---