This game is great but i'm stopping...

#1papayaPosted 5/4/2013 2:53:32 AM
I find this game quite interesting, i've spent many hours on it but still at the earlier stage of the games where i just saved the 2 girls.

I saw many topics about "this game is boring" some are serious some are trolling but the same thing is many people say the game is not boring.

I've hunted most animals i can find other than those that require safehouse takeovers to unlock missions, i've gathered alot of artifacts & hidden chests whenever i can find them, i find little value with those items since they only bring money which is not a really big problem unless you want to upgrade all weapons since i can only choose 4 weapons i don't see a point.

Most missions are just hunting & killing pirates.

For the 1st 5-6 hours it may have been fun, lots of surprises but what i can foresee is the same side quest over and over until you reach the destination. I'm not sure if there's any epic gun battles or stronger enemies as the game progresses.

So i hope i'm wrong about the game. While it's fun & offer lots of freedom to run around, it ends up repetitive after few hours of play.

If i'm wrong kindly enlighten me please. I totally skipped Farcry2 because there's too much travelling.
---
(D^_^)D
#2DuneManPosted 5/4/2013 3:31:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3zooknutPosted 5/4/2013 4:25:50 AM
I put 30 hours into far cry 3 with about %55 percent trophy completion and I still play it just to roam around the environment...to each their own but I don't know why u would not want to finish? what do u gain from that?
#4papaya(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 5:39:25 AM
Somehow i enjoy the original Far Cry more than 2 & 3. It's more similar to Crysis 1.

Even though Far Cry 1 doesn't have side quest, i have spent alot of time roaming the places just to enjoy the view.

Same goes for Crysis 1.

However in Far Cry 3 i find it less interesting to roam around maybe i'm to fixated with side quest, radio stations, huntings & finding treasures that i don't get to enjoy the beauty of roaming around.
---
(D^_^)D
#5VisualPendulumPosted 5/4/2013 4:00:32 PM
I don't blame you. I finished the game today and I'm sad to say that in terms of missions, this is one of those games that make a very strong start and gradually become redundant. The island itself is fun to traverse for a while, but a few hours in and you'll have seen everything. Hunting's use wears out for the most part once you've crafted everything (you might as well just loot if you want items to sell). Far Cry 3 didn't captivate me enough to make me want to go through sidequests and activities, so I called it quits after beating it.

Long story short: The novelty of survival is good for a few hours, but the game is really for completionists in the long haul.
#6DuneManPosted 5/4/2013 6:03:57 PM
I guess even the most obvious of obvious things can seem like a spoiler.... Meh....
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#7alfred_ashfordPosted 5/4/2013 10:12:23 PM(edited)
i really like the outposts. im a sucker for stealthy games so i try not to be detected. and i can do many different things with that. like different weapons. or i like to just takedown all of them, especially with all of the different types. i love doing like 3 chain takedowns, then finish it off with a knife throw or greande takedown. the same goes for the "wanted" quests.

path of the hunter quests are annoying when you have to fight crazy predators with just a bow, but that's part of the hunter thing. supply drops are fun cause it's just driving really fast but they aren't too challenging.

it's the story missions i get annoyed with, but you have to do them for more skills :/
---
Jackie Chan is the nicest guy but everyone wants to mess with him - Pablo Francisco
#8GTA_EdmPosted 5/6/2013 10:40:15 AM
Yes, story missions suck. Not that they aren't scripted well. It's just that here you are in a free roam world but then they force you into a linear mission with only one way to go. Feels very restrictive and takes away from the overall awesomeness of the game, in my opinion.

Once I unlocked the second island, I stopped doing story missions and just focused on clearing out the outposts. And once THAT was done, I stopped playing the game.

However, I hear they made it so you can reset the outposts, so maybe I'll have to boot this up again and redo them all. That was the best part! :)
#9drclaeysPosted 5/6/2013 11:22:11 AM
Friends,

( spoilers ). I hate to see you stop. but I think the first half of the game is the best half. It seemed kinda like a down hill slide, towards the end.

With that said, if you own the game, and you have all the game controls figured out, why not just keep playing. try to look at the trophies, and see if you are close to any. if so, just push to get those done.

but I know what your saying, the beginning rocks, and you expect it to keep going, and it seems like PUFF, its just nothingness.

Thank you for sharing.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
13.1 mile (21 KM ) half marathon on May 5th. Finished 3:24 Minutes
#10Thermador446Posted 5/6/2013 4:59:03 PM
papaya posted...

I've hunted most animals i can find other than those that require safehouse takeovers to unlock missions, i've gathered alot of artifacts & hidden chests whenever i can find them, i find little value with those items since they only bring money which is not a really big problem unless you want to upgrade all weapons since i can only choose 4 weapons i don't see a point.

Most missions are just hunting & killing pirates.

So i hope i'm wrong about the game. While it's fun & offer lots of freedom to run around, it ends up repetitive after few hours of play.

Yes, you are wrong. If you read what you wrote, you'd realize that.

You're problem is that you're f***ing around with BS too much. & then complaining about it. Just pointing out the real reason
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"