game length of FC3 vs. FC2?

#1leroypm90Posted 5/6/2013 1:33:53 PM
which game takes more time to beat? FC2 or FC3? I'm talking about straight-forward beating them without doing the optional side missions.
#2bongobreakPosted 5/6/2013 6:40:12 PM(edited)
I would say that FC2 takes longer, but only because of all the travelling involved, which in FC3 has been fixed.

It's been a while since I played FC2 SP, but my single most vivid memory is the constant and lengthy travelling, and having to deal with re-spawning outposts - very tedious!

....oh yeah, and everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE is hostile!!
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
#3cr00mPosted 5/6/2013 10:36:46 PM
how does the map compare to far cry 2? bigger? smaller? the same? Also the second island, is there loading going between the first and the second?

About far cry 2 my favorite part about that game was the driving, driving through the savannah, through thick jungle, was pure fun. Having fast travel sort of ruins the point of a open world game.

Also respawning checkpoints makes the game sort of more interesting with there always being someone there that youhave to be careful.
#4bongobreakPosted 5/6/2013 11:25:02 PM
cr00m posted
how does the map compare to far cry 2? bigger? smaller? the same?

Good question. As far as I can remember, FC2 seems bigger due to the wide open savannahs and deserts etc, but I think FC3 has more accessible geography - FC2 has more inaccessible, mountainous areas, whereas in FC3 there are very few areas where you cannot reach.

Also the second island, is there loading going between the first and the second?

Yes there is a loading screen between the two parts - although they're not really islands :P

I sort of agree with you, however, in that fast travel 'shrinks' the geography somewhat, and at the risk of contradicting myself from a different thread, you're right, we do miss out on all the scenery in FC3 because of it.

In the beginning of playing FC2 though, I thought it was truly amazing, but I tired of it after a while - having to go through the same battles at the same outposts every time - it wore a little thin in the end.
But it's true, they did force you to bring your 'A-game.'

This was something that didn't escape the devs for FC3 either, so they removed the re-spawning outposts.
But then gamers complained that it was too easy, and lacked any re-playability, so they put them back!! (as an option)
I almost feel a bit sorry for devs sometimes!!....almost!! LOL

:-)
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
#5JManGTPosted 5/7/2013 7:14:06 AM
Yeah if they fused Far Cry 2 and 3 together it would be the perfect Far Cry IMO
---
Sebastien Loeb
Undefeated World Champion 2004-2012 (WRC Retired)