Describe your preferred/ favorite outpost take over

#1maranan_marcPosted 5/6/2013 5:30:54 PM
Mine was simple but satisfying.

There was about 4-6 pirates in a fairly enclosed outpost. I sneaked my way against one of their walls. I threw C-4 over to their side, then one on my side. They also had a caged bear in their camp. I let the first explosive go off, Everyone crowded around the blast area. Some went on the other side of the wall to investigate. That's when the secondary bomb goes off. By then the bear cage had been shot open. The bear had some lunch and finished off the rest of the pirates. Then I had his skin.

I would love to hear everyone else's stories and see how creative they are.
#2bongobreakPosted 5/6/2013 6:23:03 PM
Sounds like a good strategy, mine is also not too sophisticated but it works.

Lately I have been favoring a stealthy approach.

If I can I usually sneak in and disable the alarm, and if there are any (armored) goons nearby I'll 'off' them with a takedown.

If I can't get close to the alarm, then I'll snipe them from a distance....silenced of course!

If there's a large caged predator like a tiger or a bear then I will snipe the cage from a safe distance and watch the fun - these animals can often wipe out the entire camp, especially if I have already taken-down the armored goons silently.

I don't usually bother with the other beasts - they don't do enough damage for my liking! lol

Any loose ends I will 'tie-up' with a silenced sniper from a ridge or high spot.

This method has been working pretty well - I'm on my third outpost reset - but I think I'll try a full-on assault method next reset, and just blow up anything with a pulse!! lol
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
#3DigablePlanetsPosted 5/7/2013 9:38:16 AM
I usually switch up my approach a lot, but lately I'll take the high ground and find the ideal sniper spot and take a few guys out. Then, I'll intentionally get noticed so they call in reinforcements, and then I try to take the longest range RPG shot available to take out the approaching reinforcements in their SUVs (more of a fun personal challenge than anything, and oh-so satisfying). After that, I usually just rain hellfire from above with molotovs, grenades, GL-94 and RPG. As many splosions as I can make. So entertaining.

Oftentimes I'm far too aggressive and accidentally fall from my high ground into the encampment itself, and then the real fun begins. Depending on whether I have The Bull or the GL-94, I'll usually get up close and shotty some guys point blank, leave a trail of carnage, and lure my pursuers into as many mine explosions and shotty blasts as I can.

This game is the best.
---
Project Blowed... What's the Code?
#4sparticusjoePosted 5/18/2013 2:53:00 PM
Taking the sharpshooter syringe, getting out the trusty ol' orange painted SPAS-12 with night sights and an extended tube, and taking that health booster syringe.
#5Kai_LagunaPosted 5/19/2013 12:21:22 PM
Go to nearest hill/mountain/cliff overlooking outpost(if possible), use silenced sniper rifle.
First take out the alarms, then in order dogs>sharpshooters>chargers>normies>heavies.
Outpost successfully taken and none of the mooks ever had the chance to call for help, or even realize where you were shooting from.
#6Junta_JastPosted 5/26/2013 2:56:30 AM
Get to high ground and snipe the Alarms, Snipers, and Heavies, then sneak in the camp and use take downs on everyone else, without being noticed.
I always try to leave the animals until I have captured a post though, so that when I free them they die instantly to the villagers fire. I had like 3 run away after I tried to sick them on the pirates, and decided that was no bueno, lol.
---
Zero won a Major - ECTV 2013
Hawkgirl is my main in Injustice, and I love her.
#7WarmdriftPosted 5/27/2013 5:39:15 PM
Kai_Laguna posted...
Go to nearest hill/mountain/cliff overlooking outpost(if possible), use silenced sniper rifle.
First take out the alarms, then in order dogs>sharpshooters>chargers>normies>heavies.
Outpost successfully taken and none of the mooks ever had the chance to call for help, or even realize where you were shooting from.

And you can see these alarms easily through your scope?
---
Prodigy Fan!