Are there any missable relics that don't show up on the maps?

#1captainjeff87Posted 7/11/2013 6:27:09 AM
I'm about halfway through the game right now (story-wise) so I've unlocked about half of the map or so and have around 70 relics or so. There doesn't seem to be much of the map left to unlock/un-cover so unless they put the rest of the relics in one whole area, am I missing something?

Do certain relics not show up with the maps you can buy from the store? Do they only show up when you're right by them?

Thanks for any help.
---
PSN: CaptainJeff87 (please say Gfaqs in friend request msg)
#2spincrPosted 7/12/2013 7:35:01 AM(edited)
Yup you are i guess, 70/50 sounds about right. Anyway, to answer your question. They show up if you're close enough to them and 'stumble' on them freestyle wise. Otherwise if you buy the map (for loot (chips/letters/relics)), for a certain area they will show up if you view the map and zoom in enough. Hopefully that'll do it.
---
PSN - papapaprika
#3DuneManPosted 7/13/2013 1:09:57 AM
Buy all the Item maps and most show up.

The exception is the one in the cave under Earnhardt's house. You'll need to scramble up some rocks near the back of the cave, or take the long way over by climbing some vines and running along an upper area towards the back, and then crawl through a tunnel to a small campsite guarded by a bear.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao