falling damage...

#1superyoodlePosted 7/14/2013 11:10:49 AM
Is really insane in this game! It does not make any sense at all.

I can't even drop from a ledge without getting damaged...
It hurts me more than pirates and I am playing on master.
Ok i'm overexagerating a little, but still. And don't get me started on the flames.
Overlooking these facts, it is a very good game for this era, like it alot!
---
Wo bu ge ni dongshaw
#2ledzepp27Posted 7/14/2013 2:23:11 PM
superyoodle posted...
Is really insane in this game! It does not make any sense at all.

I can't even drop from a ledge without getting damaged...
It hurts me more than pirates and I am playing on master.
Ok i'm overexagerating a little, but still. And don't get me started on the flames.
Overlooking these facts, it is a very good game for this era, like it alot!

Fires are honestly the worst. Walk within 10 feet of a smoldering ember and poof *fully engulfed in flames*
#3drclaeysPosted 7/15/2013 4:10:11 AM
Friends,

both are very true. This guy is an extreme sports tough dude. he jumps out of planes. He should know how to take a fall.

this always kinda ticked me off. this guy would get hurt at like 6 feet. Heck, I think I can jump 6 feet and not get hurt.

fight an croc, in the water, piece of cake. Bears with a shot gun. Sure... Jump 6 feet,, half dead. walk near a fire... POOF... your dead.

thank you for sharing.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Now playing: Saints Row 2, Dragons Dogma: DA PSN: DrClaeys | Vica | 125 Mage
#4DuneManPosted 7/15/2013 4:52:12 PM
Blood Dragon fixes things by eliminating fall damage altogether. But yeah, fall damage is quite dangerous. After that is getting mauled by animals because you were crashing through the brush like a fool. Then rounding things out is getting set on fire. The pirates aren't ever that bad, even on Master, as long as you remember to wear body armor.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#5CLock6919Posted 7/20/2013 7:41:58 AM
drclaeys posted...
Friends,

both are very true. This guy is an extreme sports tough dude. he jumps out of planes. He should know how to take a fall.

this always kinda ticked me off. this guy would get hurt at like 6 feet. Heck, I think I can jump 6 feet and not get hurt.

fight an croc, in the water, piece of cake. Bears with a shot gun. Sure... Jump 6 feet,, half dead. walk near a fire... POOF... your dead.

thank you for sharing.

Why do you have my dead? It's mine!
---
You're so funny. Ha...Ha...Haaaaaa.
Your = belonging to you. You're = you are
#6Vohn_ExelPosted 7/21/2013 4:54:48 AM
I just started playing today, and seriously do I agree! I mean, just now was walking down a slightly tilted pathway and jumped, and I landed what was probably about two feet away, and took half a lifebar in fall damage. I looked back up and saw that the path did indeed drop off sharply, but still...also, Dr Claeys! I haven't seen you since I frequented the Skryim board :)
---
Black FC: 0003 3193 6389/
I have nothing witty to put here
#7psideresiderPosted 7/25/2013 10:58:31 AM
Yeah I've really started paying attention to even the smallest of drop offs. Kinda sucks after playing BL 2 and being able to jump off a 100 foot cliff and land like a cat. Find it odd that in a lot off the missions you fall way worse, yet don't get a scratch. Other than that, this game is awesome. Hated far cry 2, so was skeptical about this one. Well worth the twenty bucks.
---
"Can't you see, there is only one me, and that me is me"-Faith No More