heard this was like fallout. if i loved the fallouts will i love this?

#1Larry_whitePosted 10/16/2013 5:18:09 AM
i played well over 500 hours into both fo3 and nv. my top two fave games. i typically avoid fps games cause my eyes suck and rapid movement/similar colors hinder my reaction times and abilities. i couldn't get past second level of one of the cod games (forget which, only played one. we were fighting japanese) cause everything blended in so well. i would be looking for an enemy and then bam, jumps out of grass right in front of me. was prob last pure fps i bothered with

fo3 was diff though. a lot of things didn't blend and i could take things at range. combat was pretty easy for me on any difficulty but mostly cause i didn't get into fire fights all the time and VATS

if this game is tons of camoflage etc then it's gonna be unplayable for me.
#2EzeDoesItPosted 10/17/2013 12:42:37 AM
I'm a huge Fallout fan myself and I really, really enjoyed this game. There are definitely similarities, but also vast differences.

This game is more action-oriented but I found it fairly easy on the easiest difficulty, and if you can use stealth effectively (the stealth system in this game is very good imo) you should be fine.

There are RPG elements but overall Fallout is much deeper in that category. However I did find myself reminded of Fallout 3 when playing this game. So yes, I'd recommend it for you. :-)

I can go into more detail if you'd like.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibq5dtkuP7NDIM.gif
http://i.minus.com/ibzW4LeLuR2Z2U.gif
#3drclaeysPosted 10/17/2013 10:03:05 AM
Friends,

I have played fallout and New vegas many times. I am not sure I can compare this game to those. This game has color and terrain. Trees and bushes that look real. This game has cars, quads, and swimming under water.

I would have LOVED this to be an rpg. where choices matter. Heck, I would like even SOME choices, even if they did not matter. Nope, none of that.

This is a really nice looking game. animals look real. cars drive real, or so it seems. You might like it, I did.

Give it a try. Enjoy.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Got a Xbox a few days ago, Now playing: Fable 3. . . . . . . . . Blame Republicans for the government shutdown.
#4Larry_white(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 2:47:45 PM
thanks for the replies. gonna try this game out. i abused stealth in fallout so will be good to know i can play similar in this
#5Mega_SkrullPosted 10/18/2013 3:14:25 AM
EzeDoesIt posted...
I'm a huge Fallout fan myself and I really, really enjoyed this game. There are definitely similarities, but also vast differences.

This game is more action-oriented but I found it fairly easy on the easiest difficulty, and if you can use stealth effectively (the stealth system in this game is very good imo) you should be fine.

There are RPG elements but overall Fallout is much deeper in that category. However I did find myself reminded of Fallout 3 when playing this game. So yes, I'd recommend it for you. :-)

I can go into more detail if you'd like.

I support and agree with this. Don't expect them to be "that" similar, they merely have some gameplay similarities, but definitely give it a go. You'll love the stealth
---
http://goo.gl/Wg6w0 "=[_]=! Bump some other boobs, will ya?!" - p
"That sounds so perverted, dude. ._." - M
#6verbal_assaultPosted 11/11/2013 3:10:18 PM
if you are a console only player

then yes this game is very close to fallout in terms of structure.

theres no armor stuff or stats really

but if you enjoy first person open world games then definitely give this a shot

just be sure to put it on hard
disable the crosshairs
disable the hints
disable the weapon marking
---
PSN Fishy_Stick:
I've seen a 10 page argument about Cap'n Crunch cutting the roof of your mouth. This is nothing - akatsukiba
More topics from this board...
Far Cry 4?Krazled44/14 11:59AM