any tips for liberating outposts undetected?

#1vogymaanPosted 1/27/2014 8:22:07 PM
Like what counts as being detected... if i stay hidden and snipe? Freeing the wild animal they always have with a silenced gun? I need help, every time I am close to it, someone notices me...
---
xbox live: Fudgeferret psn: vogymaan
3ds friend code: 5413-0175-6419
#2Xeus9399Posted 1/28/2014 7:40:05 AM(edited)
As long as enemy havent seen you, you are undetected if you are detected alarm will goes off
using sniper with silencer will help, if you are lucky by unleashing the captured animal will kill all the enemy.

1. The most important is patience, dont rush, take your time eliminating all the enemy.
2. Scan the area choose somewhere with bush and good view of the outpost then choose a secondary hiding spot preferably behind first hiding spot
3. Then Start sniping the enemy, if enemy started running toward you immediately run to second hiding spot and wait for enemy to return to the outpost, if undetected after first shot keep shooting
4. Repeat step 3 until all enemy is dead

as for myself i have another step, i planted mine at my first hiding stop and retreat to secondary hiding spot then plan another mine and retreat to third hiding spot and lay low.(this step is purely for my fun and somewhat risky)
---
currently playing: Assassin Creed 4 Black Flag, waiting for: New JRPG
#3You_Need_A_LifePosted 1/29/2014 10:43:43 AM
I think the alarm is the only factor. At one outpost, I disabled the alarm, and proceeded to absolutely destroy everything with a mounted MG. Everything was on fire and blown up, yet I remained undetected.

At another one, I hid in the jungle, planted C4 on the ground, sniped a sniper, ran away and waited for the search party to go check out the spot where I shot from and blew them up with the C4, and then charged into the outpost and gunned down the last guy. Remained undetected there too, and I hadn't disabled any alarms there period.
#4f1madmanPosted 1/29/2014 2:23:55 PM
Some out posts are easier than others.

Some when reinforcements come in are tricky as hell, so you just have to pick your kills and rush them.

There are so many outposts in this game, chances are you'll get the trophy without even trying for it.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#5Diego_ValhallaPosted 1/30/2014 12:17:29 PM
Personally I found the outposts on the South Island much easier to stealth through than the first Island. Because of some ``circumstances`` you`re able to get much closer much easier to scout things out. Once close I find the Bow to be the best way to drop guys. And oddly the South Island outposts seem to have quite a few less guards too. A Tiger at one point wiped out 3 of the 6 guys defending an outpost and during the chaos I was able to wipe out the other 3. Shame the tiger had to go too but such is the way of the jungle.
#6drclaeysPosted 2/24/2014 10:37:42 AM
Friends,

Try from different angles too. I have even try swimming up from the water. but of course, a Croc got me. I twas funny, after I cleaned out my underpants.

Sometimes I use the camera to tag all the enemies. take your time, sometimes it takes a long time to move. If you come then at a different angle, you might see someone standing where you did NOT see them before.

I think I have shot the alarm boxes. But it seems like if you can let a animal out, thats a big help right there.

I also have taken a outpost with a boat with a machine gun on top. But it seems like they had rocket launchers, and they never ran out of rockets. but it was fun while it lasted.

Good luck.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Chris Christie for 2016, if you dont vote for him, he will shut down all your bridges. Sandy Relief money, I THOUGHT that was mine.
#7fatboy326556Posted 2/25/2014 12:27:58 PM
I always take it very slow and do a perameter search, using your up-button camera to "mark" everyone in sight. Then come up with a path where you can go and still be undetected, just using takedowns qnd shooting with the silienced 6p9. Or if there are more people then this is the worst option. Instead do the same scoping method with camera, but use the 50cal to pick them off. And dogs are the worst part, but get in range and lure them into a good position by throwing rocks, then try to get a steady head/chest shot on the dogs. If they're far enough away no-one will hear it. Sometimes there are multiple dogs, ( did one yesterday with 1 badguy and 14 dogs!) Just use the same rock throwing method, but use your grenade arrows for a group kill, just BE SURE that you can get out of there quick and udetected before you do. Usaully you'll get by with little trouble if you just be patient and treat it as a real scenario, just like you wouldn't go running into gun fire in real life. And when your down to the last guy with the yellow marker, either sneak/run (depending on the situation) and just do a takedown or cut him till he dies. I found that upgrading all takedowns makes this WAY easier, like the loot takedown, knife-throw takedown, multiple body takedown, above/below takedown and most importantly the Heavy takedown. I hope this helps, I beat all 34 outposts before the 2nd mission on the new Island, and always had full ammo/max cash as well. And real quick, its SO worth it to do every single radio tower, because 1. It gives you more of the map, and 2. You'll get all the best weapons for FREE by completing them.
---
Pokemon Y FC: 0705-2921-1791 "(_ _ _)".IGN- Dante
#8fatboy326556Posted 2/25/2014 12:39:42 PM
Damn, forgot about something! Another killer tactic is to blow up your own jeep! Just use c4 and plant onto your vehicle/ any vehicle around. And use mines in places that wont detonate prematurley, and get to a good hill detonate the explosives and wait for them to go check it out, some will step on your mines if placed right. Thats when your already heading towards the camp, and rig it to explode, also using ammunition boxes does good. But you gotta go in and out super fast! Then retreat back to the hill, and snipe anyone on there own, then blow up the camp, and snipe the rest, not forgetting to stab the yellow guy, you fail if you shoot him.
---
#9fatboy326556Posted 2/25/2014 12:50:07 PM
fatboy326556 posted...
I always take it very slow and do a perameter search, using your up-button camera to "mark" everyone in sight. Then come up with a path where you can go and still be undetected, just using takedowns qnd shooting with the silienced 6p9. Or if there are more people then this is the worst option. Instead do the same scoping method with camera, but use the 50cal to pick them off. And dogs are the worst part, but get in range and lure them into a good position by throwing rocks, then try to get a steady head/chest shot on the dogs. If they're far enough away no-one will hear it. Sometimes there are multiple dogs, ( did one yesterday with 1 badguy and 14 dogs!) Just use the same rock throwing method, but use your grenade arrows for a group kill, just BE SURE that you can get out of there quick and udetected before you do. Usaully you'll get by with little trouble if you just be patient and treat it as a real scenario, just like you wouldn't go running into gun fire in real life. And when your down to the last guy with the yellow marker, either sneak/run (depending on the situation) and just do a takedown or cut him till he dies. I found that upgrading all takedowns makes this WAY easier, like the loot takedown, knife-throw takedown, multiple body takedown, above/below takedown and most importantly the Heavy takedown. I hope this helps, I beat all 34 outposts before the 2nd mission on the new Island, and always had full ammo/max cash as well. And real quick, its SO worth it to do every single radio tower, because 1. It gives you more of the map, and 2. You'll get all the best weapons for FREE by completing them.

By the way I cleared every outpost completley undetected, but Ive beat this game about 17 times now.
---
More topics from this board...
Far Cry 4?Krazled44/14 11:59AM