Stealth killing dogs seems impossible

#1alkamaPosted 11/29/2012 4:00:19 AM
As the topic says, I've tried nearly 10 times at the beginning compound where I stealth kill all the guards but the dog always seems to detect me from miles away. Seems impossible to stealth the dog even with the stone trick... it seems to sniff/detect me always. You guys figure out a way or is it simply not possible?
#2tomandsamPosted 11/29/2012 8:02:13 AM
I haven't gotten the game yet, but perhaps you can use the Hunting Syringe that masks your scent?
---
This is quite possibly the worst user on GameFAQs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#3Syco ClownPosted 11/29/2012 10:05:06 AM
You can purchase silencers and bows etc which allows you to take them out from a distance. If you are quick enough you can run in and knife them then hide when the enemies come searching. Thats what I did at the first compound assault.
---
Obscure Creations
#4thyco1241Posted 11/30/2012 8:58:57 AM
Never stay in the one spot. once you have killed someone, move to a new firing location and then pick off the dog when it reaches your old firing position.
This is also recommended when you start going up against chargers and also snipers/rpg users
#5giocarePosted 11/30/2012 9:05:40 AM(edited)
Why should you be able to sneak up on a dog especially if it's awake? It would be able to smell you and hear you moving around in the foliage.
#6DriftRSPosted 12/1/2012 1:01:00 AM
But then don't gaurds just find the dogs corpse, making a perfect stealth run on a base with a dog impossible?
#7MisterMetalPosted 12/1/2012 2:40:47 AM
go down wind?
#8greger1010Posted 12/1/2012 4:40:37 AM
If you are talking about taking over outposts 'undetected' it doesn't matter if they find corpses. As long as no human or dog has seen you, you're fine.

Undetected fails if any detection meter fills completely white and flashes. I've taken out outposts and gotten undetected just by sniping everyone with the bow. They knew they were under attack but I was never spotted. Undetected bonus, 1500XP total.
---
signature your as this put backwards this read to enough dumb were you if
My microwave has more RAM then the Wii. -0300Infantry
#9drointhewindPosted 12/1/2012 11:37:32 AM
Yep, I leave corpses out on purpose. Disrupts their patrols, puts them on edge. Gives me a chance to c4 and mine the place to cause some chaos. Still undetected, even tho the base was on fire.
Love the stealth in this game
---
On DLC: ""You know what would make this better? Paying more money."- Cracked.com
#10EagleEyeValorPosted 12/1/2012 12:13:19 PM
Yep, I leave corpses out on purpose. Disrupts their patrols, puts them on edge. Gives me a chance to c4 and mine the place to cause some chaos. Still undetected, even tho the base was on fire.
Love the stealth in this game

"Hey Bob...has the base always been on fire? And Roy's over there with a gunshot wound in the head and a mysterious package on his chest that looks suspiciously like C4... Let's go get a closer look!"
---
Pro/Pub Dota 2 Caster/Coach / http://www.twitch.tv/EagleEyeValor
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheEagleEyeValor