Stuck in the Nostalgia

#1pstenabaughPosted 12/20/2012 7:19:30 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get past the guy underwater in the Nostalgia when Jason is trying to escape the sinking boat? I have tried over 2 dozen times and cannot get past the guy in the hold. I have body armor on, I have all the extended breath holding skills etc in action so that i can hold my breath for a full minute. I end up dying in the hold with about 30 to 40 seconds of breath left. Nothing i try seems to work. I cannot get any further in the game until I get out the dang boat..... Oh yea, where in the world did they come up with the wording for 'mash'. It took me an hour on the net to find out that this was supposed to say 'Space'.... so why dont they change it, or maybe they cant speeellll... :o)
#2ShinesmanOWPosted 12/20/2012 11:04:18 PM
You should have a recipe for a syringe that lets you hold your breath indefinitely.

There are also some random bottles-with-masks floating around that you can use to breathe.
#3fateman4lifePosted 12/30/2012 2:01:19 AM
Havin the same issue been stuck for days have the recipe for deep dive and die with 20 +seconds left on deep dive anyone know what to do
#4willythefrog2Posted 12/30/2012 2:21:30 AM
Use the floating oxygen tanks
---
My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nikolai5147/featured
#5matconnorPosted 12/30/2012 2:26:54 PM
Same damn issue, it's turned into a game-killer.

The Space Bar doesn't do shyte and I can't use my knife swing (f key) either.
#6fateman4lifePosted 12/30/2012 11:59:01 PM
willythefrog2 posted...
Use the floating oxygen tanks

there are no tanks to use when ur in the quick time event with the guy under water... beside i dont feel that air is the issue i think he is killing me, because i still have 20+ seconds left on deep dive when i die
#7fateman4lifePosted 1/1/2013 12:16:41 AM
So just tried goin from hard to medium, and medium to easy, still he kills me wtf
#8XiviosPosted 1/1/2013 10:51:35 AM
Is English not your first language? When they say "mash" they don't mean Space, they mean "press the button really fast over and over".

In this case, yes, the space bar, but if you're just pressing it once, or holding it down, it won't work, you need to mash it, press it lots.
---
What do you want from me?
#9fateman4lifePosted 1/1/2013 2:15:36 PM
Xivios posted...
Is English not your first language? When they say "mash" they don't mean Space, they mean "press the button really fast over and over".

In this case, yes, the space bar, but if you're just pressing it once, or holding it down, it won't work, you need to mash it, press it lots.

I wish it was just me being dumb but i have mashed the snot out of the space bar meaning hiting it as fast as i can from the time it prompts me till i die
#10matconnorPosted 1/1/2013 2:37:10 PM
fateman4life posted...
Xivios posted...

I wish it was just me being dumb but i have mashed the snot out of the space bar meaning hiting it as fast as i can from the time it prompts me till i die

Same deal with me. My first go-around I was "smashing" the space bar like hell...and the 2nd...and the 3rd. Not only that but if you exit out of the game at that point you start the mission all OVER from the ship approach.

The SAVE system in this game sucks bawlz.