Far Cry Zombies Anyone?

#1OnePolishGuyPosted 6/6/2011 9:27:43 PM
much like RDRs undead nightmare, FC3 could have a new single player game based on a tropical island infested with zombies. IMO, the game's engine looks like it could support the clusters of zombified NPCs nicely. the game's environment and character movement looks dynamic enough for endless possibilities. Not only this, but to see zombies on a rich and tropical island? Not too many zombie games can bear this theme as nicely as FC could.

Would anybody agree on some FC zombies?
---
I will NOT be throwing another 60 dollars into COD's rotten, half-assed, subpar-repetitious regime of a fan-based video game.
GT: Master Buttchin
#2specialkid8Posted 6/6/2011 9:49:54 PM
I follow the strict theory that zombies make everything at least 27 times more awesomer. Going by this standing i say yes. There is noway zombies would not be awesome in Farcry. I hold the same theory with dinosaurs. We will see what the future has in store.
#3usmovers_02Posted 6/6/2011 10:30:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4OnePolishGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2011 9:55:07 AM
^dibs are all yours, and it feels good to see a cross-breed of both games in one. Youve got yourself the ADS and free-roam in a lush and tropical island that took 2 planes and five boats to get to, if i remember correctly.

this game will be groundbreaking, im sure of it.
---
I will NOT be throwing another 60 dollars into COD's rotten, half-assed, subpar-repetitious regime of a fan-based video game.
#5Omega_YoshiPosted 6/7/2011 12:38:28 PM

well, farcry's version of zombies are screaming frankenstiens that would rather skin you than eat yur brains...

but the return of predators would be nice as a multipayer mode

#6KUNG-LOPosted 6/7/2011 7:05:35 PM

Don't get me wrong I like Zombies as much as the other. Trust me I read "The Walking dead" but do we really need Zombies/Zombie mode in FC ? If you like zombies so much play left4dead simple. If not "Dead Island" looks good so why do we need it here, just because Modern Warfare didn't then everyone else should ? Stop that noise !! Just keep Far Cry like Far Cry. I just hate when ppl want to add other things from other games, if you like those things then just play those games ..... simple no ?

#7OnePolishGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2011 9:07:58 PM
^ i was waiting for the first "disagreer". lol

but seriously, i know where youre coming from. why fix what isnt broken...that being the core concept of survival and guerilla-style ambushing on a greatly armed and numbered force? youre this badass survivalist who can use his surroundings to his disposal, like tying tree branch whips, lighting entire forests on fire and using the wind factor to blow it through a camp, and much more.

for all of the Far Cry games, you have been this one-manned versatile force. Nothing but organized militia (id wish to say that the mutant encounters are a mistake that can be water under the bridge now) has faced you....until a zombie outbreak

If i wanted to play L4D, i will play for that particular zombie experience. If i wanted to play CoD zombies, i will play for ITS zombie experience. Dead island...well, i dont know,

Far cry has a unique approach on its predation factor, and this is something that im really curious to see put into the minds of a horde of zombies. Excuse me if u might disagree, but i think this mix of game values, intertwining with hordes upon hordes of tropical island zombies, is nothing short of a kickass zombie experience.

im very aware that Dead Island is similar to my idea...but were gambling on a game with unknown values. While the game looks great, you cant deny the fact that it could possibly be a total botch. As for FC3, we are all quite aware of its core game values and enjoy them.

Im under the impression that Far Cry's dev team has had their thumbs up their butt when they thought over FC2s DLC...considering what little content has been released for it. A couple machetes and a couple neat single player toys, all in the course of 3 years? I understand that they may have had their focus on FC3...but after this, what now? if this is the "insanity" of the FC franchises...why not offer a new perspective, rather than work on an "insaner" experience?
---
#83CDEDPosted 6/8/2011 2:17:55 AM
i grew up playing DOOM so zombies are old hat for me

i have never been more bored than playing COD zombies its just a generic overused idea that isn't much fun

at least DOOM had some demons to deal with as well.
---
Resident GFAQS Toyota fanboi.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3442/5697664388_b7f7c47684_b.jpg
#9OnePolishGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2011 9:47:17 AM
DOOM^. good times.

im really curious of Ubi's approach on zombies. They could suck at it, or they could make something unique and awesome. I think that zombies are overused in todays video games because...well.. they usually do a s****y job at making a zombie horde. Nothings neat or interesting in today's zombies, besides your few good titles, of course.
---
#10War_1of4Posted 6/8/2011 4:07:46 PM
Isn't there already another game set on a tropical island with zombies? Dead Island or something like that...

I wouldn't mind a horde mode for online, might keep it alive for a bit longer, though it doesn't have to be zombies.