usmovers_02 (Topic Creator) Posted 7/11/2011 4:39:14 AM
B0vril posted... usmovers_02 posted... Honestly, in most games I prefer regenerating health. But if that means the removal of FC2's awesome healing animations (which it does) then I don't want it.
Yea, they were pretty great, but they did get a bit repetitive I thought.
But not as repetitive as sitting behind cover waiting for your health to regenerate. This is far from a deal breaker for me but I am rather disappointed. --- You have a strong heart; no fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child. -Neytiri Second member of the KittyHeart Fanclub. Entry is open, join at will <3
B0vril Posted 7/11/2011 2:20:39 PM
Duffy12323 posted... Wow, nobody likes a challenge anymore.
You are making a false assumption that because of the implementation of regenerating health mean this game will have no challenge.
come on, WAKE UP!
usmovers_02 posted... But not as repetitive as sitting behind cover waiting for your health to regenerate.
I am assuming you're being purposely flippant here.
usmovers_02 (Topic Creator) Posted 7/13/2011 2:32:39 AM
Yes, lol. --- You have a strong heart; no fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child. -Neytiri Second member of the KittyHeart Fanclub. Entry is open, join at will <3
bub166 Posted 7/23/2011 11:56:28 PM
Very disappointing. Far Cry 2's main appeal on me was the realism. I even thought that driving from place to place was a positive. (Atleast the world looked nice.) The gun jamming right when you needed it most made everything more intense. You would have to use your instincts to survive an encounter while unjamming the thing, because only a small burst of fire while you're busy will put you back a save point.
usmovers_02 (Topic Creator) Posted 7/24/2011 2:35:35 AM
The gun jamming thing made cover feel more real than games like Gears of War. You don't get sucked into it like Gears but you HAVE to be near good cover because at any moment something could go wrong. --- You have a strong heart; no fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child. -Neytiri Second member of the KittyHeart Fanclub. Entry is open, join at will <3
ocstew Posted 7/28/2011 3:29:36 AM
Well they didn't have to completely leave it out. They could of let it happen very rarely. But at least they said your guns will still visually degrade
The_Luigi Posted 8/6/2011 2:25:43 AM
If Far Cry 2's near-death healing animations reached the point where they got repetitive for you it means that you're bad at video games. --- http://touchdic.ytmnd.com/
usmovers_02 (Topic Creator) Posted 8/6/2011 5:20:42 AM
^^^ And there's no other possible way the animations could have gotten repetitive for the said player? I don't think you're thinking this one entirely through. --- You have a strong heart; no fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child. -Neytiri Second member of the KittyHeart Fanclub. Entry is open, join at will <3
The_Luigi Posted 8/6/2011 1:37:11 PM
Not necessarily, other than:
- Miscalculating fall damage and going down to 1 health bar. - Playing at a higher difficulty level. --- http://touchdic.ytmnd.com/
1) The FC2 health system has been placed with the more common "health regenerates after a short time" system.
2) Weapon degradation is gone.
3) Animals are confirmed but no specific species (no aliens).
4) You get a camera (hoping you can upload pics you take to the internet).
5) The flamethrower is making a return.
1. why cant we ever get a regenerating segments of heath thing like resistance fom did 2. if they had given us options for cleaning our weapons as well as taking longer for for weps to degrade as well as variables like has the gun itself been shot or has the player been swimming? this could have worked. 3. i hope that aside from herbivores we get snakes, bears, gorrilas, big cats, wolf packs, and.... dinosaurs, you know to keep the crazy theme going. oh and birds to populate the sky, and spiders and scorpions and sharks and fish.... and fruits. i hope we can use them alternatively ala mgs3.... oooh behives 4. ok cool. hope theres worthwhile things to take pics of 5. my fav weapon in any shooter --- PSN Fishy_Stick: I've seen a 10 page argument about Cap'n Crunch cutting the roof of your mouth. This is nothing - akatsukiba