How about a basic animation tool for the map maker?

#1usmovers_02Posted 8/3/2011 4:57:02 AM
Nothing complicated like animating a person but how about the ability to get objects to move from A to B? Like the ability to get a car to drive around on its own or other random things.
---
You have a strong heart; no fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child. -Neytiri
Second member of the KittyHeart Fanclub. Entry is open, join at will <3
#2mastershakezPosted 8/3/2011 8:02:53 AM

Seems feasible.

I wanted something similar. A rotation tool, to make objects spin or slowly rotate.

#3somegamedudePosted 8/3/2011 10:00:51 AM
You mean have a set "path line" option? Make it like Google Maps or the road function when you click, it saves it as a line point and the next click turns the road from the previous click point? But for the car?

I can see people making "FROGGER" maps. LOL!
---
-XBL x S8N x.
E3 Attendee: 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
#4Famine_10f4Posted 8/3/2011 11:52:42 AM

I agree with this thread.

#5mastershakezPosted 8/3/2011 12:21:45 PM

somegamedude posted...
I can see people making "FROGGER" maps. LOL!

There's so many uses for it. Like a factory map, a train station, a race track, an elevator, etc.

Although, realistically all we would see is a new breed of annoying "course" maps...

#6usmovers_02(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 1:41:51 PM
It doesn't matter what features they add, new features will always spawn more garbage maps than good maps. But a tool like this gives the true map artists something more to work with.
---
#7usmovers_02(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 5:15:56 AM
4x4 Evolution 2 had a map maker with a simple animation tool. It would allow you to set points in a manner similar to the road tool in FC. You could also edit each point with things like speed, acceleration, pitch, object size, ect.

I'd totally make a map that takes place on a speeding train. Might be a little one dimensional but I could get clever with some things :)
---
#8xStackedActorxPosted 8/4/2011 9:16:27 PM
This idea would be great. I've always hated inanimate objects representing animate objects (planes in the air not moving, etc.) and this would fix that annoyance to a certain extent. It would only work for pre-made objects, like the earlier mentioned planes. Things that users make out of fences and boxes and whatnot probably wouldn't work, which I think is understandable.
---
Otters are a myth.
If Mudkip is your Lord and Savior and you're 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#9usmovers_02(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2011 4:39:53 AM
Why not? We can already highlight large groups of objects, copy and past them and move them. Why not be able to animate them one by one?

It would be a huge pain having to animate each object separately.
---
#10xStackedActorxPosted 8/5/2011 7:57:37 AM
usmovers_02 posted...
Why not? We can already highlight large groups of objects, copy and past them and move them. Why not be able to animate them one by one?

It would be a huge pain having to animate each object separately.

Ah, I didn't think about animating each object individually. Of course, even with experienced map makers, this would still be a very long process. It'd be worth it though, as long as it's done right.
---
Otters are a myth.
If Mudkip is your Lord and Savior and you're 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.