Hope its as good as....

#1tpstylesPosted 8/22/2011 4:11:26 PM

I really hope Far cry 3 is as good as Far cry 2. Far cry 2 was and still actually is a really good game. I love that game so much. The way you can just look at your map is just one cool feature.

#2usmovers_02Posted 8/23/2011 4:11:13 AM
And that feature is confirmed to be gone :(
---
You have a strong heart; no fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child. -Neytiri
Second member of the KittyHeart Fanclub. Entry is open, join at will <3
#3tpstyles(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2011 4:28:14 PM

[QUOTE="usmovers_02"]And that feature is confirmed to be gone :(
---
You have a strong heart; no fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child. -Neytiri
Second member of the KittyHeart Fanclub. Entry is open, join at will

Oh that is just annoying. They have ruined that kool feature already. I hope they have other good features, because from what i've seen from the game, it looks like an amazing , fun game with a good story.

#4GlitchwerksPosted 8/24/2011 2:51:15 AM
I remember a lot of people complained about the map feature. I, like you, really liked it and thought it was a unique feature.
---
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/130/1/4/dirp_by_br0ny-d3fvesg.png http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lovveh7FWf1qduhhoo1_400.gif
#5kentuckybobPosted 8/24/2011 7:34:46 AM
I honestly dont think it will be as good as FC2...

They are making the mistake of putting you in the shoes of a single protagonist... and rehashing the tropical setting.

Choosing a diff merc each time was one of the great roleplay elements of FC2..

and going back to the tropics.. they may aswell call it FC:Remake. how about some snowy mountains? craggy cliffs? top secret bases?

seems like another tropical island with a few grass huts again.
#6GlitchwerksPosted 8/24/2011 8:20:40 AM

and going back to the tropics.. they may aswell call it FC:Remake. how about some snowy mountains? craggy cliffs? top secret bases?

Well, I loved the islands of the PC version of the game, although they didn't have quite the level of free roam in FC2.

If it's an open world where you need to go from island to island, that could be really fun.
---
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/130/1/4/dirp_by_br0ny-d3fvesg.png http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lovveh7FWf1qduhhoo1_400.gif
#7kentuckybobPosted 8/25/2011 8:23:08 AM
Glitchwerks posted...

Well, I loved the islands of the PC version of the game, although they didn't have quite the level of free roam in FC2.

If it's an open world where you need to go from island to island, that could be really fun.

sure but I just dont get much of a fight for survival feeling in a tropical paradise setting. Its easy to imagine a cocktail bar sitting beside one of the rivers and a few people sunbathing. Theres no grittiness to it is what im saying. And as I said theyre rehashing a used environment.
#8blade6321Posted 9/2/2011 4:57:25 AM
kentuckybob posted...
I honestly dont think it will be as good as FC2...

They are making the mistake of putting you in the shoes of a single protagonist... and rehashing the tropical setting.

Choosing a diff merc each time was one of the great roleplay elements of FC2..

The different merc system was horrible. The protagonists had no character.

It was awful. Glad they're going back to FC1 in that respect.
---
Dreaming Out Loud
Crabdom Ambassador
#9Perfect LightPosted 9/5/2011 2:58:54 PM
Far Cry 2 was fun for the first few hours but it got very old in a hurry. The looking down at your map thing was frustrating, it would have been much easier to just have a GPS line like Grand Theft Auto IV. Not to mention you couldn't outrun the patrols because they would somehow magically catch up to you even if you went flying through full speed.
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes...learn something new
#10pyroman93Posted 9/5/2011 6:52:57 PM
Far Cry 2, in my opinion, had the second-best single player FPS campaign this generation. That game is ridiculously underrated, and I will sorely miss the African setting and the general grittiness of it. It truly was a fight to survive all the time in that game; that's what made it amazing. I can already tell that FC3 will be less open and more "streamlined" this time around. I'm sure they'll take away all the great features such as:
-Guns wearing down
-Vehicles breaking down
-Malaria
-Completely open world

Hell, not even the insanity guy interests me, and he's the crux of the first video they've release. I much prefer the subtler storytelling of the Jackal and the different playable mercenaries. The sad thing is, I just know I'll never see the sequel to FC2 that I want.
---
"some times 12 year old are immature. i am that age and i never make dumb and stupid comments" - campeon625
GT: BAD PEGASUS