in the trailer, how did the dbag instantly become a combat expert

#1PrettyBoyMarthPosted 2/16/2012 2:19:10 PM
everything from knife combat to CQC
---
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 342
Diamond FC: 2450-7390-0341
#2JackDJonesPosted 2/16/2012 3:23:51 PM

I was thinking the same thing. But the guy looks quite muscular, so it could be that he's not your average tourist. He could have had a military background, or be a master at martial arts. Just a thought.

#3JackDJonesPosted 2/16/2012 3:35:49 PM

Actually, I've just watched the 'If you could get away with murder' video, and the main guy isn't built at all lol. And the way he acts when he picks up the AK-47 makes me think that he's never held a firearm before. Also, when the producer talks about the main character, he states that he's just your average guy. And for instance, when he first goes to cut someone's throat, the producer says he might get it wrong at first, or it may take him slightly longer to do it. That's a pretty cool feature imo.

#4YouVandal3Posted 2/16/2012 3:46:03 PM

JackDJones posted...

Actually, I've just watched the 'If you could get away with murder' video, and the main guy isn't built at all lol. And the way he acts when he picks up the AK-47 makes me think that he's never held a firearm before. Also, when the producer talks about the main character, he states that he's just your average guy. And for instance, when he first goes to cut someone's throat, the producer says he might get it wrong at first, or it may take him slightly longer to do it. That's a pretty cool feature imo.

^THIS!

Im actually stoked they put in the feature you could mess up with CQC kills and such, damn good immersion.

#5175PJPosted 2/16/2012 6:22:07 PM
JackDJones posted...

Actually he checks chamber and has his finger straight instead of on the trigger. Tells me he has some weapon knowledge.
#6specialkid8Posted 2/16/2012 7:29:21 PM(edited)
I have no weapon experience and I could probably figure that out. Maybe he just watches too much TV like I do, or maybe all his power comes from his fabulous bangs.

EDIT: After watching it again I don't think he was checking the chamber. He just racked it because it looks cool.
#7175PJPosted 2/16/2012 7:38:58 PM
specialkid8 posted...
I have no weapon experience and I could probably figure that out. Maybe he just watches too much TV like I do, or maybe all his power comes from his fabulous bangs.

EDIT: After watching it again I don't think he was checking the chamber. He just racked it because it looks cool.

Either way. Going back to the original topic, it's funny that this guy with goofy hair can all of sudden go tactical with throwing knives and what not. Has his bio or any info on him been released?
#8shawnmckPosted 2/16/2012 8:32:38 PM
He played a lot of video-games...DUH !
#9Doubleglock18Posted 2/17/2012 7:25:02 AM
well firing guns isn't really difficult, and you can figure one out pretty quick, to be fair. plus when he racked the AK he did it with some semblance of precision so i feel maybe he had minimal survival training, maybe camping and stuff, and fired a gun a couple of times.

i went to a shooting range in Pennsylvania and they were relatively detailed with teaching you. if it wasn't busy they even let you handle an unloaded gun for a while and get a feel for it.
---
Colt 45 and two zig-zags, Baby that's all we need
We can go to the park, after dark, smoke that tumbleweed!
#10baseyPosted 2/17/2012 1:20:38 PM

I hate when people say things like that!

by your logic every video game should have the main playable character as a super soldier?

hes a character that YOU control! you know that aiming the sights on someone and pressing the trigger will shoot them right? but you arent used to it so your accuracy is poor.....soooo his accuracy will also be poor its you that controls how much of a beast he is and what way he goes about killing someone or if you decide to run away.

plus they even say that you get beter as you play so sounds as if you have to fail at doing something to learn how to do it in future. quit your moaning the game looks amazing!